PDA

View Full Version : STUPID!! 2 coats Z2 in same day without ZFX!!

les017
02-17-2007, 11:03 PM
arggghh - I have been out of detailing for a while so had some serious recovery to do on my vehicles. Only tackled 1 today but in my frenzy I completed a Z2 application and then went to rest a bit. Got distracted and then suddenly decided to go do a 2nd application. (my ZFX was dried up, ya know).

So I`m letting the 2nd app set overnight. What can I expect? I never bunged up like this before.

sigh........thanks :thx

Pennypacker
02-17-2007, 11:22 PM
I`m not positive, but I would think that the second coat you applied just blended in with the first uncured coat of Z2, so you essentially have one coat on there now and can apply coat number 2 tomorrow. I don`t think it`s a big mistake except for some time lost. :)

imported_Grouse
02-17-2007, 11:41 PM
worse case scenario.

your paint melts off and pools on your garage floor. :P

wannafbody
02-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Give it extra time to cure. As long as you don`t have streaking issues you`ll be OK.

les017
02-18-2007, 02:32 AM
thanks all - this is pretty much what I expected (hoped), looooonger cure time. I`ll let you all know how it turns out. It`s still 80 degrees in the garage and it`s supposed to pretty much hit 90 tomorrow with 20% humidity. Mybe it won`t take too long

Hey Grouse - no problem, it`s my wife`s car :woot2:

imported_Grouse
02-18-2007, 10:05 AM
LOL glad to see you are not too worked up about it we have all done it before.

les017
02-18-2007, 04:00 PM
well, just as you all implied and just as I hoped. No problemo!!

Got up this morning and pulled the car out into a mild morning sun to run any last moisture off. Let the car cool a bit in the garage and everything wiped of just fine. Now I`ll wait for my ZFX order to arrive.

I must admit i wasn`t TOO concerned...mostly Zaino stuff seems to not be able to do any damage. But I was still on the verge, so thanks all for talking me down. That means you to Grouse

Envious Eric
02-18-2007, 04:40 PM
oh no....what have you done....LOL jk

IMHO, you had some cure time between coats, you should be good to go...as long as it looks good to YOU!!!!

honestly, the manufacture says 12 hours or 24 hours or whatever, but in what conditions....the 12 hours in freezing conditions is not the same as 12 in humid, and not the same as 12 in scorching hot weather....IMO, and this is just my opinion, let the wax/polish cure for awhile while you work on the interior, then go back and do the 2nd coat...as long as it looks different and good to you, you should think you did something wrong

wannafbody
02-18-2007, 10:05 PM
I hope you ordered some CS when you ordered the ZFX. It will provide killer results.