PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaner that doesn`t fog?

Pages : [1] 2

buzzb
02-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Is there a good glass cleaner, with good cleaning ability, that can help prevent window fogging as well (or at least lessen it)? I hate getting in the car in the morning and seeing all of the windows fog up so easily, which also means you can see every back and forth wipe you did trying to clean the windows. :wall

thesacrifice
02-16-2007, 10:51 PM
do you drive a honda? my mom and I both owneds hondas at one point, and both fogged up like no other.

buzzb
02-16-2007, 10:56 PM
LOL- that`s one good sniffer thesacrifice!! My wife`s car is a Honda and fogs like crazy.

medic159
02-17-2007, 01:03 AM
I assume you mean fogging from moisture and not from plastic outgasing? I dont know of any glass cleaner that prevents fogging but you could use an old bathroom trick that really works... smear shaving cream on the glass and buff it out. It works great in the bathroom, should work in a car too.

joshtpa
02-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Eiman Fabrik Clear Vision II, is hands down the best glass cleaner I have ever tried.

buzzb
02-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks DFTowel- I`ll try the shaving cream trick.

joshtpa- will the Eiman Fabrik Clear Vision II cut down the fogging or is it just a great glass cleaner?

SVR
02-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks. I`m crazy enough to try shaving cream on the glass.

Sounds like the glass needs polishing. Put a coat of sealant on inside and out, let it cure and then use QS, Prima Slick, FK1 425 or similar on the glass from then on

haven`t used pure glass cleaners for over a year now.

imported_mopar
02-17-2007, 11:44 PM
You`re suppose to keep the window cracked open, or all that heat and humidity or just get a room, OK never mind.

paul34
02-18-2007, 12:37 AM
yea, you want to get the glass as clean as possible, which is why quality glass cleaners (which usually contain a good cleaning agent like ISA) or shaving cream "works" (to an extent) because they do a good job of cleaning the glass.

you can see this demonstrated by trying to clean your glass with water. After a simple night drive, your windows will fog up to a dangerous level.

But yea, I think after a certain extent you just have to make friends with your defog settings on the HVAC

silkstone
02-18-2007, 03:13 AM
Eiman Fabrik Clear Vision II, is hands down the best glass cleaner I have ever tried.

I saw one of your posts about it, bought some myself.. I have to totally agree !!!!

I love the tire dressing too.. just a lil too pricey..I have to cut my costs somewhere I guess..

( although a bottle lasted me 3 months.. maybe not so bad..)

silkstone
02-18-2007, 03:15 AM
Is there a good glass cleaner, with good cleaning ability, that can help prevent window fogging as well (or at least lessen it)? I hate getting in the car in the morning and seeing all of the windows fog up so easily, which also means you can see every back and forth wipe you did trying to clean the windows. :wall

some optical centers that sell glasses carrry anti-fog sprays for lens. It should work for glass also...

BMWWW
02-18-2007, 10:52 AM
You`re suppose to keep the window cracked open, or all that heat and humidity or just get a room, OK never mind.

You silly Americans and your inexperience in the cold!

Just turn on your A/C, and you`re set. On Canadian cars, whenever you turn on the front windshield defroster, the A/C turns on automatically-- whether you`re blasting cold air, or hot, the A/C will draw out all the moisture and fog.

Good luck!

sspeer
02-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Seems to me that the film from the plastic gas encourages the fogging. I find a good wipedown with a MF cloth works as well as anything.

Rain-X used to make an anti fog (still might).

Some solutions I`ve seen on biker and snorkelling sites..

Spit (ask divers as well)

Plexus plastic polish

dish soap (wipe on thinly at full strength, let it sit a few then buff off)

Lemon Pledge

Autoglym Glass Polish perhaps??

Protect-All

maybe a spray wax in general?

joshtpa
02-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I use rain clear once a month or so on my windows, no fog at all. Then clean with Eimann Fabrik....Best window cleaner I have ever used.

2.5RS
02-18-2007, 12:29 PM
You silly Americans and your inexperience in the cold!

Just turn on your A/C, and you`re set. On Canadian cars, whenever you turn on the front windshield defroster, the A/C turns on automatically-- whether you`re blasting cold air, or hot, the A/C will draw out all the moisture and fog.

Good luck!

Actually, most cars everywhere turn the AC on with defroster. The reason the A/C turns on isn`t that it draws out moisture, its that it keeps the A/C system lubricated so it lasts longer (There is oil mixed with the freon that runs throughout the whole system). The reason it helps with fog is that (generally speaking anyway) the system is set so that when the defrost is on, you are drawing in fresh air from outstide. Not recirculating the moist air that is present within the cabin. If you recirculate the air with the defrost the problem actually gets worse, even with the A/C compressor running.

To the OP, I`d try some of the anti fog for glasses from the optical center. Just keeping the inside of the windows clean should help but I don`t think you can eliminate the problem completely. That Einmann stuff sounds pretty interesting..