PDA

View Full Version : New Z-AIO... can`t decide.

Ryan314
02-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Ok I`m a DIE HARD Zaino fan... Been using their products for awhile now and don`t see myself using anything else anytime soon. Anyways, my usual routine would be Z-PC, 2 coats of Z5, 2 coats of Z2. But now with the new Z-AIO, I don`t know what to do. Should I stick to my old routine, or now just use Z-AIO? :think: I need to re-stock on my Zaino supplies, so I need to make a decision. Right now, I`m still leaning towards sticking with my usual routine, but I keep thinking that maybe I can get those same results with just Z-AIO? Ahhhh, what to do! Help! :hairpull

buzzb
02-15-2007, 10:24 PM
In my opinion Z-AIO fits in when you have a car in great shape (previously polished and protected) that is in need of good cleansing. You may not have a car that fits this description, if you have time for a full polish with ZPC each time your paint needs cleaning, but with a wife and two small children I sure do!! :) I could polish with Z-AIO after a few months and only use ZPC as needed or every other time the car needs refreshing. Plus the fact that Z-AIO already has the proper base to add Z2Pro, Z5Pro, or Z-CS (without ZFX) on top is just icing on the cake.

imported_rydawg
02-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Ok I`m a DIE HARD Zaino fan... Been using their products for awhile now and don`t see myself using anything else anytime soon. Anyways, my usual routine would be Z-PC, 2 coats of Z5, 2 coats of Z2. But now with the new Z-AIO, I don`t know what to do. Should I stick to my old routine, or now just use Z-AIO? :think: I need to re-stock on my Zaino supplies, so I need to make a decision. Right now, I`m still leaning towards sticking with my usual routine, but I keep thinking that maybe I can get those same results with just Z-AIO? Ahhhh, what to do! Help! :hairpull

As I am in the same boat as you, I just recieved my order of zaio and cs and the zaio is truely amazing. I am not a big fan of one steps, but this stuff kicks butt and it would be great if you already have zaino on your car and months down the road you want to freshen up and zaio will make short work of it. Then (optional) you can put on z5pro and/or zcs! It`s a good size bottle also.

I tried some zaio on a bunch of used cars today on my lot and I was very impressed with the results just by hand. I can`t wait till this weekend to finish a car.

rockymountaindetail
02-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I`m very impressed with Z-AIO...

Z-AIO has lil` more cut than what people here who tested reported. It removed (or hid?) some minor scratches/swirls I didn`t think it would... Product dried up a bit faster than similar mild polishes...

I`ve only used it on a couple vehicles so far, both were in excellent condition so I can`t report on it`s paint cleaning or oxidation removing properties...

Z-AIO left behind the superb "Zaino" shine, much like z5 pro...

A bottle of Z-AIO is 16 oz so it`s an excellent value.

Ryan314
02-15-2007, 11:15 PM
As I am in the same boat as you, I just recieved my order of zaio and cs and the zaio is truely amazing. I am not a big fan of one steps, but this stuff kicks butt and it would be great if you already have zaino on your car and months down the road you want to freshen up and zaio will make short work of it. Then (optional) you can put on z5pro and/or zcs! It`s a good size bottle also.

I tried some zaio on a bunch of used cars today on my lot and I was very impressed with the results just by hand. I can`t wait till this weekend to finish a car.

See that`s what I was thinking too... just using Z-AIO as your go-to polish between major polishings.

mgm2003
02-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Z-AIO has replaced pre-"voc" Klasse-AIO AND raised the bar.

Not an easy task.

imported_rydawg
02-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Z-AIO has replaced pre-"voc" Klasse-AIO AND raised the bar.

Not an easy task.

Very true and I was thinking the same thing today. I was impressed how well it worked. You guys that were testing it did not tell how well it worked and it has a very good bite at first then it finishes out to a very deep gloss! I tried it on a severely beat 2000 Couger that was burgandy and the paint was beat. I did a 1 foot spot by hand in the 10 below zero weather. After I rubbed it in for a minute it was very glossy and there was no marring at all. Also the black antenna that was on the car was all white from previous wax and zaio cleaned it up like new and left it nice and black. The metallic in the paint was very sparkly and had a great reflection. I thought to my self, "Imagine what a pc could do with this stuff". It reminds me of my favorite chemical cleaner polsh that I use with my rotory, but this zaio has protection. So I will be using this stuff alot.

gmblack3
02-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Have had a beta version of ZAIO on my beater for 40 days and it still looks great. No big surprise I guess. Goes on and off very easy by hand.

shift_roro
02-16-2007, 02:42 AM
is ZAIO (w/ PC) good to use for a first time detail? if not, what do you guys recommend for a good prep?

wannafbody
02-16-2007, 10:19 AM
well Z5pro is a more durable sealant if you`ve previously polished. ZAIO will remove very minor micromarring and then top with Z2pro/CS or Z8. Which you decide to use as your base is really personal preference.

TGates
02-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I`m completely thrilled with ZAIO. If you don`t have any moderate defects to remove, go with ZAIO, then straight to Z2 or Z5, or even ZCS. You can layer Z2/Z5 over ZAIO with no ZFX as long as you are not doing numerous successive coats within a 12 hour period.

Of course, if you need to do some real polishing to remove blemishes, use ZPC instead of ZAIO, then straight to Z2/Z5/ZCS.