PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn`t anyone carry CD-2 Engine Detailer?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

simracer
02-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey all,

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to why none of the web detailing companies (Autopia, Danase, Autogeek, Properautocare, pakshak and anyone else I may be leaving out) carry the CD-2 brand engine detailer?

Everyone who has tried is here seems to love it, but it`s impossible to find locally and seemingly only available from Midway Auto on the web. And that`s fine, but it`s just that their shipping rates are, well, draconian and there really isn`t anything else that I want to order from them.

I don`t know if it`s the fact that they`re owned by turtle wax and perhaps that`s the stigma since it`s probably considered gouche to allow anything from them to touch our pride and joy.

Anyhow, just thought I`d ask. Maybe someone will end up carrying it as a result. Who knows?

Thanks all!

BobD
02-15-2007, 08:56 AM
You could just ask me. ;)

I have tried to carry it in the past but Turtle Wax has horrible communication skills. I actually FINALLY just got a response from them about 3 weeks ago and they sent me a catalog and I have not been able to get a hold of them since. It`s hard dealing with companies like that. Plus, I am not going to beg a company to let me sell their items. We shall see if I ever get a response from them or not.

BigJimZ28
02-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Last time I needed it I found a local auto parts distributer warehouse

and got some

jasonmac
02-15-2007, 11:21 AM
I picked my last couple of cans at AutoZone, but I haven`t checked to see if they had any last time I went. The turtle wax site has a list of retail distributors, it looks like they only sell by the case though.

Wonder if CD2 meets VOC regulations, or if that even applies in this case?

mwt
02-15-2007, 11:39 AM
I just googled it and found about 40 places that have it in stock from single cans to case prices.

simracer
02-15-2007, 11:50 AM
You could just ask me. ;)

I have tried to carry it in the past but Turtle Wax has horrible communication skills. I actually FINALLY just got a response from them about 3 weeks ago and they sent me a catalog and I have not been able to get a hold of them since. It`s hard dealing with companies like that. Plus, I am not going to beg a company to let me sell their items. We shall see if I ever get a response from them or not.

Ha, ha. That was my next step! :)

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I was sort of hoping someone would carry it. That way I could order it *and* some other stuff that I want rather than paying as much in shipping as I paid for the can of product that I wanted.

After visiting or calling three Autozone stores, one Advance Auto store, one PepBoys store and a NAPA store, I gave up and wrote turtle wax to see if they could tell me if they knew specifically who sold it. I did receive a reply the same day, but the reply was simply, "we don`t know of any retail stores that currently sell CD-2 Engine Detailer...you might try Amazon." And yes, Amazon has it, but it`s just sold by Midway.

In the end, for all the time and gas I spent, I might as well have ordered it from Midway! :)

Let me know if Danase does start to carry it. You`ll certainly get an order from me!

simracer
02-15-2007, 11:52 AM
I just googled it and found about 40 places that have it in stock from single cans to case prices.

Interesting. I had googled it as well, but all I came up with was "Midway". I think I had searched "CD-2 Engine Detailer" with the quotes. Everything else was pretty much just reviews of the product.

Thanks!

sspeer
02-15-2007, 12:05 PM
I was just looking for some last night! Midway and I think a corvette place came up with a Froogle search.

I`ve tried a local autozone and advance, but no luck.. I might stop by NAPA and Carquest.

It`s not a high priority at this point.. I had some surprisingly good luck last summer with #34 followed by #40. I`m tempted to try a 50/50 mix in a mister bottle

RTexasF
02-15-2007, 02:28 PM
I was under the impression it was no longer being made...? I don`t believe it`s under the Turtle wax moniker anymore.

Case $48+ below:

Amazon.com: Engine Detailer, 12.5 oz., CASE OF 6: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Detailer-12-5-oz-CASE/dp/B000AP044W)

Joshua312
02-15-2007, 02:36 PM
I was also under the impression it was no longer being made. There is a small tool warehouse around here that carries it for $1.99 a can, cant beat that deal!! I go about 3 times a year and pick up 12-15 cans each visit.

mose
02-15-2007, 02:55 PM
I was searching for it as well but I have had good luck with Megs APC and Hyper Dressing......so the search is off!!

sspeer
02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I was under the impression it was no longer being made...? I don`t believe it`s under the Turtle wax moniker anymore.

Case $48+ below:

Amazon.com: Engine Detailer, 12.5 oz., CASE OF 6: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Detailer-12-5-oz-CASE/dp/B000AP044W)

Nearly $14 to ship! Which probably isn`t too far off on cost, but it makes it over $10 a can..

sspeer
02-15-2007, 03:06 PM
I checked out corvette central and the price was $47.70 and then 7.95 to ship Saves about 6 bucks

ZoranC
02-15-2007, 05:12 PM
LangMan37 is selling some.

simracer
02-15-2007, 11:18 PM

To my fellow Tulsan,

I initially did a Froogle search and even after doing a Google search, and all the other online stores that supposedly sell CD-2 Engine Detailer are basically just "virtual storefronts" that really just point back to Amazon.

So yes, you can buy it online, but you`ll pay just about as much for shipping as you do for the can. And there isn`t really anything else with you can buy along with it to stretch your shipping dollars.

I was hoping that maybe Corvette Central would have something else I wanted, but don`t really think there`s anything there I`m looking for either.