PDA

View Full Version : Edge Shmitt In Review

beemerboy1
02-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I got one of these recently and decided to do a review on it, they are worth the cash IMO

Out of the package

The waffle weave foam feels like that of a finishing pad. The one thing that you notice next is the sturdy construction of the backing pad, which is made from yellow harder foam. The glue holding the two pieces together is very visible, and creates a very tight bond on the two foam pads.

The glove fits tight over your hand so that you feel like you will have good control over the mitt.

In the Soap and Water

I found that once in the soapy water this mitt has a snug fit on the hand which allows you good solid control over it. The white waffle weave foam had great absorbency that made it quite easy to get plenty of soapy water on the car and lasted for a few minutes or so while you worked the panels. What I did like was the ability to use this like a foam glove that allowed me to bend and push it into areas, like the corners of my rims, under door handles, etc.

One thing that it dose is saves time as you can move with the bucket down the side of the car quickly dipping and wiping. I didn’t feel like it was picking up a lot of grit from the car, and it rinsed out real easy for the next dip in the soapy water.

That back yellow foam is a bit of a rougher texture to the front and I used that for the grill on areas that had bugs that where harder to get off.

That might also be a good add on for further Shmits is to have a double sided one for washing and the other for scrubbing

Final Thoughts

I’m not one for complicating the washing of a car, I like things that are simple to use, work well and don’t feel cheap.

This represented that in every way, it’s a very well made wash mitt that Aaron said will fit any hand. I feel like it will be a good addition to my washing gear.

Snapfish: Share Interstitial:Registration (http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=152835424/a=34332126_34332126/t_=34332126)

David Fermani
02-12-2007, 09:59 PM
I`m going to get one after my current mitt wears out. Can`t wait.

Kelso
02-12-2007, 11:41 PM
ive been using mine for months now and the foam has become a bit ripped up from catching snags and such, but im going to pick up a few of them at detailfest, love the shmitts

David Fermani
02-12-2007, 11:46 PM
ive been using mine for months now and the foam has become a bit ripped up from catching snags and such, but im going to pick up a few of them at detailfest, love the shmitts

That`s where I was hoping to get one at too. How sure are you that they`ll have some there?

Kelso
02-12-2007, 11:49 PM
100 percent positive. Aaron from edge is going to be there so all the edge products will definately be out there with him, plus im sure the warehouse is well stocked.ive got a big list of stuff to get while im there

imported_Grouse
02-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Detailfest? more info please.

Kelso
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
sending pm...

David Fermani
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Detailfest? more info please.

http://autopia.org/forum/southeast-usa/84095-ag-detailfest-ii-02-24-07-a.html

imported_Grouse
02-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Ah, if i had only saw that earlier. I will be working that weekend.