PDA

View Full Version : Water Reclamation Vacuum Motor

Pages : [1] 2

Oreilly907
02-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I just got my mobile trailer put together and I`m ready for warm weather. I`d like to try putting together my own reclamation mat. I have searched for days on the internet but I can`t find any sources for the external vacuum motor that pulls the water in. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

AMDin93103
02-12-2007, 09:48 PM
:goodjob It`s not every detailer who follows their local municipalities` enforcement of issues like reclaiming their water-waste.

The company that produces the auto-discharge vacuum for the Vacu-Boom system (IIRC) is made by Eagle Power. (http://eaglepower.com/WetDry.htm) These are nice units as they will automatically transfer your waste to a separate tank for discharge later.

You can read through this thread (http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/tools-equipment-basic-maintenance/2248-vacu-boom-question.html) which discusses Vacu-Boom alternatives.

That will get you started, hopefully.

Superior Shine
02-12-2007, 11:55 PM
If your looking to pull waste water off your reclaim mat, all you need is a sump pump (home depot for under $100) and a length of garden hose to your reclaim (grey water) tank.

AMDin93103
02-13-2007, 01:18 AM
That sounds like a better deal :rolleyes:

Oreilly907
02-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the great thread, Andrew. That was the type of system that I was talking about. I really hadn`t thought much about the way S/Fine is talking about but the low cost sure is attractive. ... even more to think about. Thank you guys.

kpagel
02-13-2007, 11:21 AM
If your looking to pull waste water off your reclaim mat, all you need is a sump pump (home depot for under $100) and a length of garden hose to your reclaim (grey water) tank.

Sorry to hijack, but Joe, you described the method I was going to use for water reclamation: Wash mat, submersible sump pump, and an extra reclaim tank. My problem is, I can`t find people who sell just the mats. My local supplier sells a heavy duty mat, which is basically a glorified tarp since it has no birm around the edges and water can simply flow into the street. So I`m looking for a wash mat that will hold in the water.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find one?

autolookgood
04-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I have heard other people say that they have just had like someone that makes cutom boat tarps etc... take like styrafoam or something and enclose it via some water resistant material and :confused: sewing on the ends to force the water into the corner. Maybe I was just dreaming this but think I saw this on antoher Detailing Forum.

imported_Grouse
04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
FWIW this is what i ended up working into my package for my trailer.

Why not finance your next pressure washer? (http://www.pressurewasher.net/PEV2-detail.htm)

For ease of use the vacc-u-boom i think is the best. I opted to get an auto pump out, 150 gallon tank, and pressure washer set up.

randy1220
04-05-2007, 12:17 PM
I bought just the mat from Rightlook. It was about $900. But hey now the water police leave me alone and I am helping the enviroment:up :up

BobD
04-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I am trying to get the Vacuum Booms in stock. Those are very nice systems for sure!

mav63
04-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Google Spill Berm and lots of hits come up for retention mats.

imported_WCD
04-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Andrew,

Where did you get your great deal on your boom? :)

If you are mobile, I highly recommend the boom over the MAT. I had both and used the MAT twice before buying the boom. I even tried to make my own MAT at one point, but it is easier to just buy the unit. I think Andrew is the only guy in Santa Barbara following the law in this regard, which is great.

Rob

BlackElantraGT
04-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I`ve always wondered about this, but where do you dispose the reclaimed water?

imported_Grouse
04-05-2007, 03:10 PM
sewage treatment plants, toilet, water treatment facilities, rv wast water dump sites. In some places you are okay dumping it onto the grass or flower beds. Seattle recommends this.

r_wain
04-05-2007, 06:49 PM
In some places you are okay dumping it onto the grass or flower beds. Seattle recommends this.

I`m sorry but that is retarded...why do they bother making you suck it up just so you can pour it into the grass?

I`m not saying your retarded grouse but the city of seattle.