PDA

View Full Version : CS a replacement for Z5pro?

Pages : [1] 2

danforz
02-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey guys, I offer a particular detail which includes KAIO followed by KSG. My KSG is almost done, so I recently purchased a Z5pro. I`m starting to regret that now since it seems CS offers what Z5pro does (minus the filling) I feel I may have purchase the wrong item.

To what extent can I use CS as a replacement for Z5pro

mgm2003
02-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey guys, I offer a particular detail which includes KAIO followed by KSG. My KSG is almost done, so I recently purchased a Z5pro. I`m starting to regret that now since it seems CS offers what Z5pro does (minus the filling) I feel I may have purchase the wrong item.

CS will enhance the look, and extend the durability of Z5Pro. In my book, that`s a good thing, not to mention the fact that it`s a time saver.

danforz
02-12-2007, 09:10 PM
CS will enhance the look, and extend the durability of Z5Pro. In my book, that`s a good thing, not to mention the fact that it`s a time saver.

But to what extent would you consider it a replacement for a synthetic wax/sealent? Would you feel safe and satisfied only having used CS after AIO?

sspeer
02-12-2007, 09:18 PM
CS sounds as if it`d work fine over an AIO..from what I`m reading, the Z5pro still has an advantage when you need the filling properties.

wannafbody
02-13-2007, 09:40 AM
KAIO or ZAIO topped with CS will be a very durable combo. CS will also save time.

imported_rydawg
02-13-2007, 10:03 AM

z5 is one of my favorite and I think you made the best choice getting it. I just ordered cs too and I can`t wait to detail a car this weekend if I do not get bombed by snow. It sounds like CS will enhance the z5 big time, especially on top of 3 coats of zfx z5!

I am gonna take cs to it`s glossy limits and I will have pics! I can`t wait!:buffing:

imported_GregCavi
02-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Its definitely not a replacement for the z2/z5pro because they both have curtain looks, as does the clear seal. My favorite combo is z5pro + CS.

Greg

Scottwax
02-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Its definitely not a replacement for the z2/z5pro because they both have curtain looks, as does the clear seal. My favorite combo is z5pro + CS.

Greg

Have you used CS alone? If so, what did you think of the look? Also, is the up to 9 months durability mentioned on Zaino`s website for CS over Z5 or Z2, or CS by itself?

imported_memnuts
02-13-2007, 11:14 AM
... is the up to 9 months durability mentioned on Zaino`s website for CS over Z5 or Z2, or CS by itself?

CS as a stand alone LSP.:woot2:

CS has taken years of development and testing. We were only allow to write about it a couple of months ago.:sadwavey:

imported_DieselMDX
02-13-2007, 04:24 PM
IMO z5 has more depth/wetness than Z2 does CS have a look more like z2 or z5?

I do not want to loose the little depth i have from z5 by topping ti with a sterile sealant

imported_memnuts
02-13-2007, 04:28 PM
It really depends on the color and natural depth of your finish.

This is Z5/Z2/CS/Z8 on Millennium Yellow. Far from "sterile" in person and outdoors

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d158/blkZ28Conv/MVC-024S.jpg

imported_DieselMDX
02-13-2007, 04:32 PM
IMO my truck does not have much depth, the acura sliver leaves much to be desired so I need all that I can get.

Just applied 106ff/BF gloss enhancing/megs 21/ DG aw and it was a little better than Z2 alone.

danforz
02-13-2007, 08:24 PM
z5 is one of my favorite and I think you made the best choice getting it. I just ordered cs too and I can`t wait to detail a car this weekend if I do not get bombed by snow. It sounds like CS will enhance the z5 big time, especially on top of 3 coats of zfx z5!

I am gonna take cs to it`s glossy limits and I will have pics! I can`t wait!:buffing:

Thank everyone for your responses. Rydawg, I would LOVE to see those pics. For me, its really a matter of saving time when I detail other people`s cars. A wash/clay/aio/sg/interior detail on a land rover took me more then 7 hours! I assume if that SG was replaced with CS I would have saved about an hour with comparable results. I think at this point I`ll stick with what I have and we`ll see how things go with the z5pro.

imported_rydawg
02-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Thank everyone for your responses. Rydawg, I would LOVE to see those pics. For me, its really a matter of saving time when I detail other people`s cars. A wash/clay/aio/sg/interior detail on a land rover took me more then 7 hours! I assume if that SG was replaced with CS I would have saved about an hour with comparable results. I think at this point I`ll stick with what I have and we`ll see how things go with the z5pro.

What color is the Land Rover?

imported_rydawg
02-14-2007, 12:17 AM

I am also looking for time savers and the best for me and my customer. With just z5 it goes on and off easy, does not leave residue at all, so removal is very easy. Also z5 goes over paint, glass, trim, wheels. The whole trim part impressed me, cause with some sealants, if you get them on the trim they are a pain. But, z5 wipes off in 5 to 10 minutes and leaves this very deep glow. I thought it was very easy and now they have this wipe on and that`s it. Now it`s time to get more cars done.