PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polish Recommandation

Pages : [1] 2

SilverSeven
02-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi there. I already have M80 Speed Glaze. I`m looking for a more aggressive step above it. Do u think Optimum Polish is a good choice. Or should I get the Optimum Compound. The reason I am not sure. Coz I`m using this products on a DA polisher. I don`t have a RB.

Or should I get the M83 DACP? Any recommendations would be appreciated. :dance

I read the thread: Favorite Polishes For PC - but I`m still confuse and can`t make up my mind if should get which items I mentioned above. Just wanna narrow down to 3 products, so I don`t get too confuse. Thank u kindly. :help:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/84674-favorite-polishes-pc-4.html

imported_DieselMDX
02-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Depends on your goals if you have bad swirls u will need oc but if the car is in decent shape op will work fine.

u can always use a diff pad depending on task

imported_TheFiveO
02-12-2007, 09:22 PM
It has been my experience that Optimum polish and #80 are VERY similar in their level of `abrasiveness` in that, with the PC, they will only give you so much cut. If you want to go up the scale a touch, to knock out swirls, then #83 would be a great choice, although it does have a learning curve. Optimum Compound it a bit stronger than Optimum polish and works well with the PC for swirl remover, especially when mixed with a little of the Opt Hyper Compound. Tropi-Care also makes a pretty decent swirl remover that is gentle enough for swirls, but not SO abrasive as to be risky to use.

Remember though that for the best results, you are going to want to follow up whatever swirl cutter you use with a good finishing polish such as 80 or OP.

Lastly, don`t forget that pad selection adds a lot to the results you seek to achieve.

Hope some of this helps.

Envious Eric
02-12-2007, 10:09 PM
i know some person who sometimes uses 80 with a megs burgandy pad....something to think about...

a.k.a. Patrick
02-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I`d go with OC hands down. Its a heck of a lot easier to work with then 83. Ive done very well with yellow pads and OC, followed by either OP or 1Z PP.

SilverSeven
02-13-2007, 04:04 AM
Thank you all so much. I get a bit what TheFiveO explained. I suspect tht both OP & M80 would be like similar class since the more aggressive would be OC & M83. I think I`ll try the OC since I really like the reviews tht it has more play time. And pad dependent. As over here in M`sia the weather is very hot & M80 kinda dries up quickly.

Oh yes, I trying to remove some deeper swirls on the hood. I did get good results removing most of the light swirls wt M80 on 3 passes. Thanks again. :)

Scottwax
02-13-2007, 10:16 AM
I agree with Patrick, use Optimum Compound. You can then follow with #80.

kyotousa
02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
sorry for stealing your thread...but it seems like you are getting more response than I do

I have the same question as the op...but instead of #80 I have VM and AIO....

which product should I buy? or both?

Scottwax
02-13-2007, 12:30 PM
What you need to buy depends on the condition of your paint and its hardness. There is no one size fits all answer.

shift_roro
02-13-2007, 12:35 PM
if i use an orange pad with OC, what pad should i use with OP followup?

Scottwax
02-13-2007, 12:57 PM
if i use an orange pad with OC, what pad should i use with OP followup?

Again, there is no way to tell you for sure. I`ve had cars finish down nearly flawless with OHC and a cutting pad and others haze lightly with OP and a polishing pad.

Generally speaking, you drop a cut in polish and pad each successive step....but that doesn`t always hold true.

Thomas Dekany
02-13-2007, 01:05 PM
I`d say forget both and get the new OHC Best polish of them all. Finishes down beautiful.

m2c

a.k.a. Patrick
02-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I`d say forget both and get the new OHC Best polish of them all. Finishes down beautiful.

m2c

Tom amigo, are we referring to rotary or PC ? i havent used the OHC :buffing: yet, I just havent (luckily) came across aything that the OC and an Orange or Yellow pad couldnt handle.....

Scottwax
02-13-2007, 07:40 PM
The new OHC will leave light marring via PC or Cyclo on all but the hardest paints. The old OHC is just fine via PC.

kyotousa
02-13-2007, 08:48 PM
What you need to buy depends on the condition of your paint and its hardness. There is no one size fits all answer.

yah i know that

i just don`t want to have 2 products that are correcting pretty much the same condition of paint