PDA

View Full Version : PB`s Super Slick and Wax *Limited Edition*

steelwind101
02-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Hello Guys

I just ran a search for Slick and Wax and dident get any hits for the new PB`s soap.

Has anyone tried it, did it add to the looks of the car??

Still the good performance of SSS??

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Geoff

imported_themightytimmah
02-12-2007, 05:53 PM
PB`s soap has generally fallen out of favor here - it`s good stuff, but *way* pricey.

I use a foamgun, and at 4+ oz of soap per wash SS&S is unaffordable. I tend to favor "Chemical Guys" brand soaps. They`re dirt cheap and I think you`ll find their results comprable to SS&S - I did.

I usually buy their Maxi Suds II by the gallon, but I think my next order is going to be for the Citrus Wash - a few guys on here swear by it.

steelwind101
02-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Hi,

Yes i agree with you on the price, i was really wanting to try Clearkote Carwash this time around but saw this "limited editioness" and wanted to give it show. If anyone has any feel free to chip in, my only concern is it will end up sitting with the Megs GC, SoftWash, FK1, AG, P. Bodywork Shampoo, Duragloss, CG Extreme Wash and wax, Mothers Cali. Gold, QEW.

I can hardly resist ONE new one....!!

Geoff

a.k.a. Patrick
02-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Hi,

my only concern is it will end up sitting with the Megs GC, SoftWash, FK1, AG, P. Bodywork Shampoo, Duragloss, CG Extreme Wash and wax, Mothers Cali. Gold, QEW.

I can hardly resist ONE new one....!!

Geoff

Holy cow! What exactly are you hoping to find that the others may not have?!?!

Those are some good washes above!

Nobuff2tuff
02-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Holy cow! What exactly are you hoping to find that the others may not have?!?!

Those are some good washes above!

The Holy Grail apparently.

steelwind101
02-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Im addicted to car shampoos!!

steelwind101
02-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Hi Guys

I bought some, mini review here:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/85773-mini-review-pb-ss-wax-limited-edition.html#post871188

Geoff

AL-53
02-28-2007, 09:05 AM
I got a sample of the SS&W and was not impressed at all...yes it was slick during the wash and cleaned fair..but the end results was what got me..a day or two later the paint was so grabby...felt like dead wax would...beading dropped to almost nil...and the gloss was less than before the wash...I am not a fan of the shampoo with wax in it as the wax has to be short lived and after dying off it just leaves dull type look...

For the 40.00 a gallon you can buy much better and lots more...

I would by the Griot`s or Duragloss before that shampoo...

not to put PB`s products down at all...but to me it`s not one of his winners...

even NXT was better..harsher but better results...

AL

steelwind101
02-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi

I will look out for the grabbie feeling in a few days time!! Maybe it was the acclaimed wax??

Given the weather here right now im sure it will all get washed off!!

Geoff