PDA

View Full Version : Fire Glaze ??? long

DM101
02-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I emailed Fire Glaze USA and this is what I received.

"The manufacturer will not go into detail about what constitutes Tempera Flex, for logical reasons, but it is a chemical that makes a covalent bond with whatever it is applied to. This is the strongest chemical one can make. In other words it becomes a part of the paint, chrome, glass, granite, corian, or whatever it makes contact with. It becomes rock hard in 24 hours and is glass-like in appearance. It dries crystal clear and one can put as many coats over a surface that you wish. I would wait 24 hours between coatings. There is no other sealant out there that guarantees three years of durability without reapplication. I have personally had it on my 2002 Sedan DeVille for more than 3 yrs. without reapplication. Gasoline, diesel fuel, salt, calcium chloride, ultra violet light, and brake fluid have no effects on the surface of paint, chrome, etc. In Florida they have an insect called a fruit fly or "Love Bug." The acid in the bug when it smashes against your vehicle`s paint will quickly eat through the clear coat and into the base coat. When Fire Glaze Plus has been applied, this acid has no effect on the paint. It also withstands tremendous heat; it will not burn off exhaust pipes of motorcycles.

The best thing is to buy a bottle, as I did back in April 2003 and test it. You will be amazed of the finish it produces, but more importantly each month you will be more impressed with the product when you see that the finish maintains its gloss after being out in the sun, salt, many washings, etc.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I sell this product all over the world, and have never had one dissatisfied customer. You will be more than impressed when using the product!"""""

Best Regards,

Jack Home - Fire Glaze (http://autosealant.com/)

gben
02-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Does this stuff really work or just more snake oil being peddled? Website calls the finish a luster shine...is that wet? glossy? Has anyone used it and what do you think of it? The search I did turned up few insights into Fireglaze and if it does what they say, it just might be worth looking into a little more,once I`m finished with all my other stuff.

Setec Astronomy
02-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Wow, sounds like clear paint to me.

Daragh
02-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Jack at autosealant.com is a top guy.

Both FireGlaze and Glare are to my mind very much related. In fact I am sure FireGlaze is an earlier version, which after been further refined (less % petroleum distillates) ... evolved into Glare. They have the same internet address`s autopolish.dotnet and dotcom.

The language used to describe both products and the marketing material are almost identical. I have used both sets of products including Double Strength FireGlaze (bought from Jack) and Glare. The latter has the edge in terms of finished results, durability etc and the Spider polish, but costs far more. I see TOTL are selling Jetstream Products which after reviewing same have added what I presume is a private label version of same in their range ... Aircraft Sealant Wax including Glassplexin.

PJS
12-29-2007, 12:51 PM
`\".........Fire Glaze will effectively filter out the harmful ultraviolet rays that damage the paint. The scientific reason for this, as you know, is glass filters out damaging sun rays,.........\"\r\n\r\nas it says in their blurb.\r\nSadly they\`re mistaken if they think glass has UV screening properties. If they did, your dash trim wouldn\`t turn greyish but remain as black as the day it came out of the factory assembly line.\r\nSo, either they\`re making too much of the glass angle, or they don\`t know the chemical composition of their product, missing the fact it maybe has UV filtering chemicals, like 303 Aerospace, among numerous others have in theirs!\r\n\r\nI also know a hooha was made in the advert ran in a Singapore magazine, for Glare (which is a former partner of the company, who left to set up independently), and which another local company challenged the claims being made. Needless to say, no independent testing was ever conducted and the ad got pulled until it was reworded with regards to the claim of longevity - which was the challenge being welcomed.\r\nAG5 - The Challenge (http://www.amazingglaze.com.sg/challenge.htm)\r\n\r\nIn light of the above, I have to remain sceptical about their product being as good as is claimed - something most of us already know from the likes of Supaguard, DiamondBrite, Autoglym Lifeshine, and such others, which are only a profit maker for the dealerships, and require using their own shampoo and top-up product in order to maintain the warranty. In fact, Supa has been actively stopped being sold since the number of claims rocketed once they changed the formulation.\r\n\r\nIn fact, if Daragh punts me up some FGDS, I\`ll have it tested under ASTM B117 (Salt Spray test @ 30ºC for 24 hrs) conditions, and we\`ll see how well it holds up - assuming it\`ll adhere to bare steel.\r\nWhen I say up, I mean 85 miles North East ish.`

jpeoples
11-27-2011, 02:31 PM
We (Restructure Marine Products LLC) Restructure Marine Polish (http://www.restructuremarine.com) just purchased all assets of MB International USA, CO., Ameri-Chem MFG. CO. and all Fire Glaze products.

We have initiated the process of revitalizing the FireGlaze product line as while continuing to fill outstanding orders for Fireglaze products.

Please contact me if you have questions or would like more information on our progress.

John Peoples

jpeoples@restructuremarine.com

info@autopolish.com

I emailed Fire Glaze USA and this is what I received.

"The manufacturer will not go into detail about what constitutes Tempera Flex, for logical reasons, but it is a chemical that makes a covalent bond with whatever it is applied to. This is the strongest chemical one can make. In other words it becomes a part of the paint, chrome, glass, granite, corian, or whatever it makes contact with. It becomes rock hard in 24 hours and is glass-like in appearance. It dries crystal clear and one can put as many coats over a surface that you wish. I would wait 24 hours between coatings. There is no other sealant out there that guarantees three years of durability without reapplication. I have personally had it on my 2002 Sedan DeVille for more than 3 yrs. without reapplication. Gasoline, diesel fuel, salt, calcium chloride, ultra violet light, and brake fluid have no effects on the surface of paint, chrome, etc. In Florida they have an insect called a fruit fly or "Love Bug." The acid in the bug when it smashes against your vehicle`s paint will quickly eat through the clear coat and into the base coat. When Fire Glaze Plus has been applied, this acid has no effect on the paint. It also withstands tremendous heat; it will not burn off exhaust pipes of motorcycles.

The best thing is to buy a bottle, as I did back in April 2003 and test it. You will be amazed of the finish it produces, but more importantly each month you will be more impressed with the product when you see that the finish maintains its gloss after being out in the sun, salt, many washings, etc.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I sell this product all over the world, and have never had one dissatisfied customer. You will be more than impressed when using the product!"""""

Best Regards,

Jack Home - Fire Glaze (http://autosealant.com/)

SVR
11-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Hi John

I`ve used fireglaze and glare, the FG is a much older formulation compared to the aussie and american glare versions

I actually prefer your restructure marine products as the glassplexin formulation is water based vs the solvent based glare stuff