PDA

View Full Version : Good Combo

Tommy W.
02-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey,

Had a rare rainy Calif day.

Time to detail.

Last go round with the PC with Z-PC as the polish didn`t quite get the swirls out.

Got some IP from Menzerna.

So....

IP, Z-PC, Z-5pro,Natty`s Blue for dark paint.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you pro`s are rolling your eyes I`m sure.

By the way, It`s a black Turbo P. NOT an easy car to deal with.

Bottom line..if Z-pc is a little light for your needs, try IP.:bigups

TW

wytstang
02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Why would "All you pro`s are rolling your eyes I`m sure."? anywho any pics?

Tommy W.
02-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Since I`m a total noob at this I figure the pro`s are way ahead in their thinking.

I`m just totally blown away at the knowledge I`ve gained on this site.

Hope you all had a great weekend!! :thx

tw

I`ll try pics tomorrow.

imported_rydawg
02-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Great job on researching products and you picked some of the best there is. My absolute dream product would be for zaino to come out with a compound that has the cut of IP or more and I would be in heaven. Especially if it started like IP and finished out like zpc. I think I should send zaino an email and beg!

How did you like the z5 pro?

imported_rydawg
02-12-2007, 02:21 AM
Oh ya...your title says "good combo". It should say "Great Combo"!

Tommy W.
02-12-2007, 10:31 AM
How did you like the z5 pro?

Really good!!

I`ve never used another sealant so I don`t have anything to compare it to as I`ve just gotten into "real" detailing.

One thing I learned is that you must apply it thinly. Important to have good lighting so you can see what you`re doing!!

TW

imported_rydawg
02-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I have tried many sealants out there and it is hard to compare to z5 pro. Like I said, you did some great research and got some top notch products!

Do you have z8?

What color is your vehicle?

Do you have pics?

Tommy W.
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I have tried many sealants out there and it is hard to compare to z5 pro. Like I said, you did some great research and got some top notch products!

Do you have z8?

What color is your vehicle?

Do you have pics?

Dawg,

The car is a black Turbo P car

YesI have z-8. I used it with great results over z-5pro. However, now that I`ve polished the paint and ended with Natty`s, I`m apprehensive to put the z-8 over a carnauba in case there is a problem with applying another coat of Natty` over z-8.

I`ve had great luck with Meguiars QD which I believe is a carnauba product. I may be wrong. Plus it`s a lot cheaper and you can get it at all the retail stores.

I`d love to hear if anyone has used z-8 over Natty`s.

The Natty`s I feel is an important step for black cars. The depth I was able to achieve over and above the z-5pro was very noticeable!!

TW