PDA

View Full Version : What do you like to use before your LSP

Pages : [1] 2

DM101
02-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Wax route...... What do you like to use before your LSP? Car is all preped. Do you like to use a glaze such as RMG or Pin XMT finishing Glaze? Or a pure polish like Meguire`s #5, 7, 81? I have been using the pure polishes but wonder if the the glaze might be better before my HOPE for polycharged wax. THXS......

silkstone
02-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I`m starting to like glazes..... I had a sample of FK`s #300 Hand Poly Glaze, that looked rather nice.. I really want to try the RMG..

Accumulator
02-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Depends on a few things, like how nice the finish is and what my plans are for the vehicle. I`ve sorta gotten away from the glaze-then-wax route and have been using various 1Z polishes for the final polishing step instead. These leave [stuff] behind, similar to glaze. But on dark colors where I`d appreciate the added richness (and on single stage), I`d still use a glaze. Probably #5 because it`s so user-friendly, but that`s just me, not saying there aren`t better choices these days.

imported_MCA
02-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Terminology police on alert :) I have always considered the Meguiar`s "pure polishes" to serve the same purpose as a "traditional" glaze. Of course, every vendor has to have their way of describing things...

Anyways, back to the original question, I generally use #7 before my wax of choice. I only abrasively polish once every two years so the filling aspect of glazes or "pure polishes" is key for me. I do like using sealants, but none really fill-in well and get horrible durability if layered on top of the aforementioned glazes. I do need to try z5-pro, NXT, and #21 though as I hear they have capable fillers.

DM101
02-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Give #81 a shot someday. It is Meg. latest of pure polishes. Easy to work with. No dusting problems.

Depends on a few things, like how nice the finish is and what my plans are for the vehicle. I`ve sorta gotten away from the glaze-then-wax route and have been using various 1Z polishes for the final polishing step instead. These leave [stuff] behind, similar to glaze. But on dark colors where I`d appreciate the added richness (and on single stage), I`d still use a glaze. Probably #5 because it`s so user-friendly, but that`s just me, not saying there aren`t better choices these days.

imported_smprince1
02-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Clearkote VM (or Klasse AIO, but that`s not really a "glaze" type product) ..... hit all the trim with it at the same time. Trim is now done and paint is ready for LSP.

Changeling
02-11-2007, 03:57 PM
If you have already done the prep work, polishing out all your swirls, scratches, etc., why not hit it with a coat or Klasse AIO or Werkstatt Prime/prime +, apply a glaze like Meguiars #7/#5, and then your choice of a sealer or wax.

Short on experience, long on reading.

Changeling

PS. Meguiars #5 and #7 are pure polishes and a glaze.

DM101
02-11-2007, 06:49 PM
I have tried the sealant / wax route. I just don`t like the look of the Pin. Souveran afterwards. JMHO .... Meg. #21 has provided the best sealant/wax combo on "MY" car. I going to go straight to the Polycharged PS route since I wax at least once every 2 weeks. THXS ZOOM-----ZOOM ------

wytstang
02-11-2007, 08:23 PM
I like mixing VM&RMG then what ever wax I`m using.

Way2SSlow
02-11-2007, 09:02 PM
If I am using OCW or any nuba, I`ll use Poli Seal. If I`m using SG, I`ll use AIO ofcourse. If I`m using PB`s EX, I use PwC. Any other sealant (EXP, Zaino, etc.) my final step (before sealing) is *usually* always PB Pro Polish. That`s generally how I do things, but it depends on what mood I am in. Some times I`ll see something I havent used in a while and I will just go with that....

kyotousa
02-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Clearkote VM (or Klasse AIO, but that`s not really a "glaze" type product) ..... hit all the trim with it at the same time. Trim is now done and paint is ready for LSP.

me too..but I do it by hand

can you hit trim with a PC? assuming it`s finishing pad...

Scottwax
02-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Poli-Seal, Vanilla Moose or RMG, Meguairs #81 or #3, Prime or PB`s Polish w/Sealant if I am using Acrylic Jett.

BlueLibby04
02-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Megs #7

I follow that with NXT and #26

SVR
02-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Driven polish/glaze, Ultra gloss superpolish and clearkote banana moose (vanilla and yellow as I`m out of red) when waxing or when topping with fireglaze.

Prime acrylic and carnauba by hand or machine after driven when using sealers

kyotousa
02-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Driven polish/glaze, Ultra gloss superpolish and clearkote banana moose (vanilla and yellow as I`m out of red) when waxing or when topping with fireglaze.

Prime acrylic and carnauba by hand or machine after driven when using sealers

what is fireglaze?....is it blackfire? or the product name is fireglaze