PDA

View Full Version : Having to Start Over...

Pages : [1] 2

05Sleeper
02-10-2007, 10:59 PM
I am so upset right now that I don`t know what to do with myself. Someone broke into my garage and stole my container all of detailing supplies! I don`t even want to say how much mney I had invested in that container... UGH!

Porter Cable: GONE

Pads: GONE

MEnzerna Products: GONE

Pinnacle Souveran: GONE

EVERYTHING: GONE!:hairpull :hairpull :hairpull :hairpull :hairpull :hairpull

I am really upset and I don`t know what to do...

ANYWAY...

I need to detail my car and so I need help purchasing new products.

Here is what I need:

Polish (hand applied, and works well on Black)

Sealant (best looking, good durablity (NO CARNUBA):bounce

QD Spray

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0251.JPG

Please help. I do need something with minor filling capabilities. I am looking into the Werkstat line and the Duragloss Stuff... Maybe some Meguiar`s #21... I dunno.

Please help!:help:

Black240SX
02-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Well that sucks. Especially considering that the thief probably got $10 for the PC at a pawn shop, and the other items likely went into a trash bin.

05Sleeper
02-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Thanks... That helps.

a.k.a. Patrick
02-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Well amigo, thats unfortunate to say the least. Friggin dirtbags.........

If what you were using worked well for you, continue with it, or, unfortunately, this is a good time to try something else.....

Im a pretty tough grader of durability, but I can say that the wash I did yesterday on a TSX had a surprising amount of DG #111 on it. It was still extremely slick and soft after 6 weeks......(If that helps you any)

2.5RS
02-11-2007, 12:01 AM
That sucks man, being stolen from is very frustrating/enraging. Hey, PM me your address and I`ll shoot you a 12 oz Meguiars ketchup bottle of #21 to get you back on track. I`ve got a bunch that I rarely use (tend to prefer paste waxes). Good luck on restocking your supplies!

- Andrew

05Sleeper
02-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Thanks man. I really appreciate that. It is fellow Autopians like you that really make this a classy place!!!

Accumulator
02-11-2007, 01:00 PM
05sleeper- Sorry to hear you got ripped off :( I`m not sure what polish(es) would both work well by hand and be sealant-compatible. Maybe some #80 as you`re going with the #21, but by hand it won`t do much on an Audi (doesn`t do all that much by Cyclo either).

Hmmm..trying to figure what`d work for this...

silkstone
02-11-2007, 01:04 PM
PM me your addy, and I;ll ship ya a load of stuff to get you back on track, I have polishes, some QD, etc.. I`ll hook you back up brother....

imported_paradigm
02-11-2007, 01:35 PM
wow...sorry to hear about the theft. :(

may i ask if they took anything else? it seems strange that your detailing supplies would be targeted and nothing else. hopefully nothing was vandalized along with that.

Kriminal
02-11-2007, 01:56 PM
PM me your addy, and I;ll ship ya a load of stuff to get you back on track, I have polishes, some QD, etc.. I`ll hook you back up brother....

Now THAT`S a Gentleman - nice one bud :hifive:

The UK salutes you :brit

imported_DieselMDX
02-11-2007, 03:37 PM
wow alot of good people on here

thesacrifice
02-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Did this happen on Fort Lewis? Sorry for your loss dude. I`d be willing to hook you up with a sample of some Optimum Poliseal. Stay in contact, and I`ll drop it off the next time I`m headed south to Olympia.

05Sleeper
02-11-2007, 07:34 PM
wow...sorry to hear about the theft. :(

may i ask if they took anything else? it seems strange that your detailing supplies would be targeted and nothing else. hopefully nothing was vandalized along with that.

They stole 2 rubbermade bins. One had all my detailing supplies and the other one had some of my Army gear in it...

05Sleeper
02-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Did this happen on Fort Lewis? Sorry for your loss dude. I`d be willing to hook you up with a sample of some Optimum Poliseal. Stay in contact, and I`ll drop it off the next time I`m headed south to Olympia.

Yep. I live on North Fort... It kills me that people would steal from their fellow soldiers...

thesacrifice
02-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Yep. I live on North Fort... It kills me that people would steal from their fellow soldiers...

I grew up on Military bases...

Soldiers are just a sampling of everyday population. You have stand up ladies and gentlemen and you have genuine terds. Not only that, a lot of the bases I grew up on had mild to moderate gang problems in the juveniles, could have easily been someones kid.