PDA

View Full Version : Using my steamer

Pages : [1] 2

Anthony O.
02-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Here is a quick video I took of me cleaning a grungy tire. I sprayed the tire and wheel with Optimum degreaser, let it dwell for a few minutes then hit it with my steamer and the jet nozzle at 65 psi.

Try and ignore the background music.....had no idea it came through that loud!!

I did this to give many of you a preview of what a steamer can accomplish. These tires were very grungy as can be seen in the Click and Brag thread.

Anthony

steamer.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f42/uZa/?action=view&current=steamer.flv)

BigAl3
02-10-2007, 12:45 AM
nice little video, once again anthony :) . my little nephew (10 years old) just commented on how he likes that song... :laugh:

useth4z
02-10-2007, 12:48 AM
A-ha`s "Take on me"

LastDetail
02-10-2007, 02:03 AM
"AND NOW IT`S READY FOR DRESSING!

Haha! Man that really did seem to do the trick though, just seeing the funk drip off onto the ground. Nice work.

Pennypacker
02-10-2007, 02:45 AM
I like the videos. What kind of steamer are you using? Thanks.

imported_smprince1
02-10-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree and use my steamer on the really nasty wheels and tires in a similar manner. The steam jet is also especially usefull at blasting out those tight crevices and lug nut recesses on the wheel.

justin30513
02-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Ron has bragged to me about the steamer you have there. Looks awesome plus saves you a ton in chemicals and keeps you from having to carry them with you. I might have to invest and........

"Take one onnnnnnn. Take it on!"

MMasz
02-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Outstanding! I wouldn`t be without my steamer. It does a great job blasting out dirt and old wax from crevices, cleans dashboards/consoles and just about everything!

RTexasF
02-10-2007, 09:31 AM
I too am curious as to brand(s) will put out such continuous steam. The one I have is pitiful and not worth the effort to use.

The wheel and tire look terrific, great timesaver without compromise.

klnyc
02-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Aha(the band)....man thats soo 80s.

Hey Ant, is thats a Tr5 or Tr6? I only see the hose, I didnt see the tank.

Man, I have the TR5 and works wonder :)

Great video any more?

Anthony O.
02-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Morning everyone....I should be working but it`s cold and I`m a weather wimp:chuckle:

The steamer I am using is now about 3 years old.....great machine and it has never given me any problems. I check it out and clean it out routinely and the only thing Ihave had to do to it is re-splice the wire as it comes from the unit due to cracking.

The unit I have is this one Portable Steamer "Best Buy" (http://www.topoftheline.com/vaporblitziv.html)

Do a Google search to shop around if you like. Be weary of steamers at "BLOW OUT PRICES!! as they may not be very good.

You want to look for a steamer with a good warranty on their boiling unit, a good PSI, at least 55 psi (mines 65 psi), an on/off switch at the handle and continuous fill is handy to have also.

Always try and use distilled or soft water in yoru machine as this will promote a long and healthy life span for the boiling unit.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words people, much appreciated.

Anthony

imported_rydawg
02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Great video Anthony! I borrowed a friends steamer once and I could not believe how usefull of a tool it was. It cleans better than anything and is very quick at it also. The prices are up there, but well worth it and it`s my next investment. Once you try one, you will hooked for life.

Anthony O.
02-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Great video Anthony! I borrowed a friends steamer once and I could not believe how usefull of a tool it was. It cleans better than anything and is very quick at it also. The prices are up there, but well worth it and it`s my next investment. Once you try one, you will hooked for life.

Thanks,

and yep:werd:

ZaneO
02-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Always try and use distilled or soft water in yoru machine as this will promote a long and healthy life span for the boiling unit.

My Piccolo steamer specifically states not to use distilled water (as does my warm-mist humidifier :D ). Are other steamers different?

Anthony O.
02-10-2007, 02:09 PM
My Piccolo steamer specifically states not to use distilled water (as does my warm-mist humidifier :D ). Are other steamers different?

No kiddin? I believe mine stated to use distilled water.....I`ll now need to check my instruction sheet, if I can find it.

Thanks for the heads up ZaneO