PDA

View Full Version : ? for Autoglym Glass Polish Users

imported_Malachi
02-07-2007, 09:09 PM
I was a little surprised to learn that according to its directions, you are not supposed to use this product on tinted windows.

Have any of you broken this rule. I want to....

vick-e
02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Hmm let use know how that goes. polish is a polish.

2.5RS
02-07-2007, 09:33 PM
I think, and other please correct me if I am wrong, that the tint instructions applies if you are using the glass polish on the *inside* of the vehicle and it has after market tint. If you are using solely on the exterior of a vehicles glass it shouldn`t matter one lick whether or not its got tint. Again, correct me if I`m mistaken on that, but thats the impression the instructions left with me.

- Andrew

sspeer
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
I`m guessing they`re referring to the plastic film type and not factory tinted glass.

SVR
02-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Never polished tinted glass with glass polish. Only QS and some plexus

It`s always been aftermarket tint too.

Pennypacker
02-08-2007, 02:47 AM
SVR,

Do you mean that you`ve just never polished tinted glass or that one should generally never polish tinted glass?

I just recently bought the Autoglym polish and have factory tint on my rear windows so am curious myself.

imported_DJBAILEY
02-08-2007, 02:54 AM
The tint film is on the inside.

Use the Autoglym on the exterior glass and Plexus on the interior film. The Plexus will keep the interior film looking brand new.

sspeer
02-08-2007, 10:06 AM
SVR,

I just recently bought the Autoglym polish and have factory tint on my rear windows so am curious myself.

I`ve used it on the `deep tint` from the factory with excellent results. The glass itself is tinted so it won`t harm it. Plastic film isn`t so durable and forgiving! The think to realize is that it`s GLASS polish..make sure the surface is glass and not plastic

Exterior - Glass Polish

Interior (no film tint) - Glass Polish

Interior (film tinted) - Plexxus or another `tint safe` cleaner

Alfisti
02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Autoglym Glass Polish is meant exterior use. Tint is irrelavent. Use it on the outside and you have no concerns.

SVR
02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
You should give einszett glass polish a go sometime. I find that and DP glass restorer to be better and better scented than A.glym`s