PDA

View Full Version : Why I like Klasse AIO.

sixty7mustang22
02-07-2007, 12:04 PM
I read on here ever once in a while about how someone isn`t very impressed with AIOs abilities. I generally just let their opinions pass by because, hey, it is an online forum and everone has their own opinions.

However, yesterday, I washed my car after about a month of winter weather conditions and daily driving and I was REALLY impressed wih the outcome. So, I thought I would post my results because, well, I am pretty excited.

I read the "Perfect Shine" article around the end of sunmmer last year. I decided to give Klasse and P21s a shot.

So, in early August 2006 I did a full detail. I washed my car, clayed and polished. Then, I applied Klasse AIO with with a damp terry cloth and after two days, I QDed and then applied a coat of P21s. I also applied Klasse to the trim and wheels. Since then, I have only done regular washing about twice a month, except for this last month. So, here in Feb 2007, here are my results.

Before the wash...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/sixty7mustang22/Jetta/DSCF0031.jpg

After the wash...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/sixty7mustang22/Jetta/DSCF0055.jpg

Now, this was only a wash and a dry. No QD or anything. Just NXT wash and Meguiar`s Water Magnet. The only extra thing I added was some tire shine and this picture was taken the next day. As you can see, the silver still loks pretty liquid. It still has a great shine, depth, and the water beads right up. Not quite the same as back in 2006, but still, it beads. The trim is also still in black form. It doesn`t shine like it did, but it still black.

So, I believe that I will be applying Klasse AIO again before next winter and I will continue to apply it to my trim all year around. But only on my personal vehicles.lol

Anyone else have similar results with Klasse AIO?

ConglomrationAL
02-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Many guys on here seem to think Klasse is some ancient dinosaur. I love the all their products and think they all give a good look and good protection to the paint.

Klasse FTW!

imported_icall
02-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I agree 100% with both posts. On other forums, I hear of Klasse`s praise, but here, I find alot of people complaining about the application. Klasse was a pleasure to put on and off. The only thing I did differently was applied 3 coats of Klasse SG after the AIO. This makes the water fly off the car after a wash. I do nothing other than wash with Meguiar`s Gold(just ran out of Gold and bought some NXT wash) and dry and the car looks like it did after the last SG seal.

I was looking into getting a PC and applying some souveran after my next AIO/SG seal in a few months. Anyone try both P21 and souveran(at different times of course, for comparative purposes) on a light car as a topper to a sealant? Opinions?

sixty7mustang22
02-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Many guys on here seem to think Klasse is some ancient dinosaur. I love the all their products and think they all give a good look and good protection to the paint.

Klasse FTW!

That is the same thing I was getting from the site as well. I dunno why either. And it is so versitile. My trim looks great and my wheels are SO easy to clean. For months.

I agree 100% with both posts. On other forums, I hear of Klasse`s praise, but here, I find alot of people complaining about the application. Klasse was a pleasure to put on and off.

I was looking into getting a PC and applying some souveran after my next AIO/SG seal in a few months.

The application was cake also. I just used a damp terry cloth, wiped it on, rubbed it in, then wiped it off before it dried. Just like the back of the bottle says.

I do like applying AIO by hand. I just enjoy putting LSPs on by hand and removing them by hand. I would probably use my PC for the SG though.

Changeling
02-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Sixty, pretty darn good for a dinosaur, I was starting to doubt my decision to use it this spring after a lot of negative press here, but a message from one of the premier detailers on this web site totally changed my mind back to my original plan.

Sixty that is some awesome protection for that long a period of time, I doubt anyone would care to argue with your results.

Klasse seems to be one dinosaur that isn`t becoming extinct !

Changeling

sixty7mustang22
02-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the kind words.:)

imported_grease
02-07-2007, 04:32 PM
K AIO is still a great product. But IMHO, there are others that perform as well for cheaper, and with a better look and / or more protection. Prime and VM work good on plastics. OPS is better imho for paint, as well. More protection and will remove light swirling.

danforz
02-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I`m a huge fan of AIO. Just bought another bottle... it cleans well, and as mentioned its so versatile! Use it on trim, windows, windshield wipers, etc. It also works exceptionally well on the metalicy plastic trim I see on a lot of BMW and Benz`s. I did a mini-detail on a VW the other day that was neglected for moths. After the wash, I rubbed some AIO on the hood and WOW what an immediate difference.

mrdetailer
02-07-2007, 04:37 PM
In my area of the country we have just had to hunker down this winter while snow storm after snow storm pelted us and the mountains. Of course the streets get salted and sanded after every storm. Got a warmer weekend finally and took it to a car wash (Hoses still frozen so can`t wash at home yet.) When it came out of the wash the worker who was drying off the car asked me if I detailed it, and was amazed that it still help up. It is gorgeous Still.

1 car had AIO and 3 coats of SG and the others had 2 coats of SG.

sixty7mustang22
02-07-2007, 04:57 PM
K AIO is still a great product. But IMHO, there are others that perform as well for cheaper, and with a better look and / or more protection. Prime and VM work good on plastics. OPS is better imho for paint, as well. More protection and will remove light swirling.

Well, it isn`t really the price of the product that I am arguing, it is the inferiority that some people claim that I am disputing. People buy waxes for almost $100 or more when some people can mimick the shine and depth with lesser priced products. People use what they are comfortable with and enjoy using. I agree that there are other great products out there that might be cheaper, but as for the performance that AIO has shown me this winter, I would hope that nobody would ever think it is an inferior product or a "dinosaur". I think that 7 months and the shine that I am seeing is grat perfomance and protection. I think it is still alive and well. I know I will buy another bottle again. I just don`t want to see Klasse seakers to be turned off because some people on here claim it to be not as good. I`m not pushing the product or anything like that, I was just very impressed with my first use of AIO and wanted to share.:dance

imported_grease
02-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Yea, it still works great. Just because something is an old design (think windshield wiper blades, which havent changed much since they first started using them years and years ago), doesnt mean it won`t work great.

itb76
02-07-2007, 10:15 PM
(Hoses still frozen so can`t wash at home yet.)

Try ONR in your garage, foget the hoses!

(think windshield wiper blades, which havent changed much since they first started using them years and years ago)

Tried the Bosch Icons? I guess they`re not revolutionary but they`re an update...

SVR
02-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Whether it`s Klasse, carlack 68 or werkstatt prime, I love using them. Removal is not a problem as I apply jett over the top of it after an hour of letting prime etc sit there.

Dry MF`s don`t work well with removing AIO. It must be damp.