PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for the ultimate detailing van setup!

Mr. Vic
02-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Hey, my autopian brothers. (This is my first post) :dance

I am about to put together plans for the ultimate detailing van, but I have little experience so i need some help. I would consider ANY and EVERY idea as a plus.

So far, this is what I got planned.

Van: GMC Savana Cargo van or Chevy Express Van (rear windowless versions)

Awning: rolls out from the top of the van.

Rear Doors: diamond aluminum plating with built in shelves for bottles and hangers for long brushes.

Ceiling: 6 recessed lights.

Side door: All business information packets, business cards, calenders, schedules, and I don`t know what will be kept there in built in inserts.

Walls: insulation and paneling for style or diamond plating throughout.

Passenger Side Dash: Custom flip out desk of some sort. (I haven`t quite figured that one out yet)

Exterior: Quick disconnects for nozzles and exhaust plenums routed underneath the van to side for all gas powered instruments (noise reduction and less smell).

And thats where I left. I don`t know where I should position equipment for ease of use and all that jazz, so I am hoping that I could get a few tips here and there before I through myself into this full speed ahead.:bolt

LeadingEdgeDetail
02-07-2007, 01:46 AM
I would love a roll-out tray that holds all my equipment, chemicals, and supplies that comes out the side-door, with all the pressurewasher, tank, generator, and extractor/vacuum in the rear doors.

Everything accessible from outside is key! Climbing in to find something gets very annoying! (And don`t get a shorty van! They`re not big enough!)

757motoring
02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I`m building what i feel right now is my ultimate van set-up. I work in the auto body and paint industry so I have access to make all my brackets and gadgets for the interior. My van is a ford E-150 and I already purchased all my equiptment and fabricated something`s now I`m just working on the final details of how I want it all set up inside got the water tank mounted and reinforced from the bottom. Once the generator and pressure washer gets bolted in I will have the exhaust running out throught the bottom.As far as fabrication I made a stand that holds the pressure washer and generator and gets bolted down to the floor for theft reasons designed and cut the metal for the stand to hold the air compressor just haven`t welded it up yet. I have the master rack cabinets to hold supplies and rest of equiptment. I went in with your same thought but space is a big issue even with my full size van I had to make alot of choices for space reasons over style. I`m very happy with my out come of my interior set-up so far just need to finsh my welding and getting everything painted and clean I got a few tricks up my sleeves may keep them hidding for now. I took pictures during some of my mock ups but might wait till I`m done to post If I decide to show off the insde of my van. Good luck on your build and hope it works out the way you plan.

Mr. Vic
02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
757motoring, looks like you got everything all planned out.

how did you plan on mounting the water tank. I`m not quite sure about what position and location I should put it in.

LeadingEdgeDetail
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
I have mine sitting directly over the front end of the rear axle.

Only forward that far because my van is small, otherwise it would be directly over the rear axle.

757motoring
02-08-2007, 10:46 PM
I have a 150 gallon slim tank so its not that tall it sits right over the rear axle. I put four holes in the floor then mounted four eye bolts in the holes with metal reinforcement bars under the van so they won`t pull out. then the tank is secured with ratchiting straps. Do alot of research and measure the things you want in the van before you purchase so you can set up a floor plan.

757motoring, looks like you got everything all planned out.

how did you plan on mounting the water tank. I`m not quite sure about what position and location I should put it in.

Mr. Vic
02-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Oh, a floorplan. Thats something that I didn`t think about. I`m gonna have to take that into some serious consideration.

By the way, what do you guys think about a small yet loud speaker system? Something to keep you upbeat while doin a job.

757motoring
02-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Not saying that you shouldn`t do it but I wouldn`t you should be focused on you work It sounds like your trying to make a party bus not detail van. If you need some music to keep you motivated try a ipod or mp3 player so you won`t annoy the people around you.

By the way, what do you guys think about a small yet loud speaker system? Something to keep you upbeat while doin a job.

Mr. Vic
02-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Yeah, you probably right. i didn`t think of it like that. i just love my music. as a matter of fact, i got in trouble in the office today for listening to music. of course it did have bad language and i was singing it outloud. but who`s listening anyways, right?

Absolute Detail
02-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Yeah, you probably right. i didn`t think of it like that. i just love my music. as a matter of fact, i got in trouble in the office today for listening to music. of course it did have bad language and i was singing it outloud. but who`s listening anyways, right?

Your customers will be listening weather they want to or not there hiring a profesional detailer not a road show

LeadingEdgeDetail
02-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I did the loud stereo thing in my van... It was pretty pointless... All it did was make me look like a punk kid driving down the road bumpin to my music ;)

But while detailing, my iPod Shuffle works a million times better, since I can listen to music while I`m polishing for hours on end... Background music never makes it through the polisher :waxing:

Ultimate detailing van would be easily accessible, with outlets and pressurewasher jack on the outside, and a 40` vacuum hose. Not dragging equipment in and out of your van is invaluable!

Mr. Vic
02-10-2007, 04:21 PM
yeah, i think i should stick to something like an ipod. its more professional. not that i care what others think. but i do care about make`n repeat customers.