PDA

View Full Version : Best way to apply ColorX via PC

Diesel917
02-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey guys,

I plan to use ColorX with a white polish pad, but what speed should I put the machine at. Also, should I work in the ColorX as if it was a polish or should I simply glaze over the surface and not really work it in all that much like I would for a wax?

Thanks!

Frito Bandito
02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I dont know what speed to use with ColorX (never used it by machine) but if you want to remove any defects or oxidation you will need to treat it like a polish.

Diesel917
02-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I dont know what speed to use with ColorX (never used it by machine) but if you want to remove any defects or oxidation you will need to treat it like a polish.

Really, I`m just trying to hold myself over until I really get into my spring detail. This is just to minimize the look of some nasty swirls thanks to some regretful experiences with ONR! :sadpace:

xtremeclean
02-05-2007, 08:50 PM
I have used Color X to remove minor swirls and marring in my paint. I treated it like a polish because of the mild abrasives it has in it. I would not know what speed to set your machine on since I have a cyclo and it is a sigle speed machine. I would start at 4 or 5 with a mild polishing pad and then step down to a fishing pad to apply your lsp or another coat of Color X. Depending on what color and how hard your paint is, you might get by with a white polishing pad and only doing a one step on it.

kyotousa
02-05-2007, 09:00 PM
i thought colorX is similar to Klasse AIO like a glaze

xtremeclean
02-05-2007, 10:09 PM
i thought colorX is similar to Klasse AIO like a glaze

The only difference I see between Color X and Klasse AIO is that one is a wax (Color X) and the other is a polymer sealant (Klasse AIO). Both of these products are one step products in my opinion and to be used on well maintained paint finish.

I would not call either one of these products a true glaze. All a glaze is for, at least to me, is to restore a dazzling, deep, wet shine to your paint finish. I would not use a glaze for doing paint correction because it doesn`t have any abrasives in it.

imported_fishbonezken
02-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I use it as a polish as well,

spread quickly with pad off, and polish till it turns almost clear at a about speed 2.

When I did it with speed 4-5, I get dusts.

Then I wait for the waxes to pass the swipe test and wipe off.

Diesel917
02-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I use it as a polish as well,

spread quickly with pad off, and polish till it turns almost clear at a about speed 2.

When I did it with speed 4-5, I get dusts.

Then I wait for the waxes to pass the swipe test and wipe off.

So no more than speed 2 huh? How much product were you using?

I read some other page where Mike Phillips suggested a speed of 5! That`s quite a difference :wow: