PDA

View Full Version : what detailing gear to take to a car show?

K_Csaxo
02-05-2007, 04:47 PM
hi,

I havent posted on here for years! but i maybe heading to a car show this summer where my vehicle will be on display with my club. the trouble is, i would like to ask the kind folks on here, what products should i be taking to the show to help keep it in good shape?

the car will be driven down and not trailered as its not a classic etc, so any advice on what i can take for the removal of light contaminants would be of great use, thank you.

imported_themightytimmah
02-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Waterless wash (QEW or Optimum No-Rinse Wash) to remove dirt from the ride

Quick Detailer to remove fingerprints

2 buckets, 2 gallons of distilled water, 3-4 wash mitts (for waterless wash)

Quality MF towels for various uses

Tyre dressing, you`ll want to apply at the show for that "freshly applied look"

Those are the essentials, I personally like to bring a tin of my favorite paste wax and toss on a fresh coat after the wash on the morning of the show. In theory this shouldn`t make a difference, but my eyes definitely see an improvement.

K_Csaxo
02-05-2007, 06:59 PM
brilliant, will put that list to good use thanks!

Eliot Ness
02-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Things I always carry to a show:

QEW or ONR, and some regular car wash (Poorboy`s SS&S)

Poorboy`s S&W

QD`s: Quik Shine and Spray & Gloss

Plenty of MF`s and WW`s

Some trashier towels for wheels, etc.

Tire dressing and an Eagle One tire swipe (I usually don`t need to re-dress, but just-in-case)

A lint roller to pick up anything on the floor mats/trunk mat

I put all of the above in small 2 and 4 ounce plastic bottles, some with fine mist sprayers for the QD`s/S&W, and keep them in a Ziploc bag.

If I`m going out of town, think there might be a possibility that I`ll want to wash and won`t have access to a hose and buckets I also bring a couple of buckets and wash mitts.

If the hotel doesn`t have a hose then I find a coin-op car wash where I can at least rinse the bugs off before I do a regular wash or a QEW/ONR wash. Sometimes I`ll bring my jar of Souveran just in case.

That pretty much covers anything I might want or need to do while away from home. My biggest concern are the bugs I pick up on longer trips so I like to get those washed off as soon as I arrive if possible. For windows the QD`s or S&W do just fine while I`m gone.

Edit: One thing I forgot that the other pc mentioned, a small piece of clay in a baggie. I haven`t really needed it yet, but I often show my buddies how to use it.

the other pc
02-05-2007, 07:44 PM
If you dress tires (sp :D ) at the show do it before you roll the car into its show space. Dressing overspray on the pavement around the car looks really tacky.

I would bring clay just in case something sticks itself to the car on the way.

PC.

Pats300zx
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
f you dress tires (sp ) at the show do it before you roll the car into its show space. Dressing overspray on the pavement around the car looks really tacky.

Thats why I always use gels at shows :)

K_Csaxo
02-06-2007, 05:02 AM
thanks again people, i am hoping bugs wont be a major issue, however being on the road i suppose its unavoidable so clay bar is also on the list.