PDA

View Full Version : All Purpose Cleaner Plus?

BlueLibby04
02-04-2007, 05:26 PM
I am looking for a good all around cleaner for engines, fender wells, inside on the dash/doors, etc... Basically everything. I was thinking about getting a gallon of the All Purpose Cleaner Plus with the spray bottle and sprayer.. Would this stuff do what Im wanting?

If I get the All Purpose Cleaner Plus bottle, which sprayer should I get? There is a white one(Standard Sprayer) and a gray one(Chemical Resistant Sprayer)..

Thanks a bunch. :)

Edit: Whats the best ratio for everything? Engine, carpet, fender wells. Can you use this stuff on the rims?

justin30513
02-04-2007, 06:44 PM
I use only Meg`s APC (not plus). Plus, I believe, is designed for extractors. I love it. Really versatile stuff and very concentrated making it an extremely good deal.

Ratio:

10:1

General cleaning. Vinyl, leather, and carpets. I also use it on convertible tops. Plastic door sills are easily cleaned with this ratio as well.

Note:

Has optical brighteners that really make the carpets soft, clean, and smell great.

4:1

Tires, engines, and wells at this ratio. I use it too for bug pretreatment along with the lower panels. Has never damages any paint or clear.

BlueLibby04
02-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks a bunch justin.. Im ordering it ask we speak.. :xyxthumbs

You say the plus is good in an extractor. Wonder how it would work in a little green machine?

Also, whats the best way to figure up ratios?

True autopia`s at heart right here... Surfing autopia during the Superbowl! Nothing like a laptop.. :spot

justin30513
02-04-2007, 07:26 PM
I`m on my laptop too.......gotta love wireless internet!!!!

Well, if you get the Meguiar`s Detailers Line bottles, they will have the ratios on the bottle.

Here is where you can get really good deals on this line.......

Auto Detailing Supplies (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com)

They have bottles to match all of their cleaners as well as all the Meguiar`s products in the universe!

BlueLibby04
02-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Yup, thats where I ordered them from!

I got two APC plus bottles and one Chemical resistant sprayer. Ive got a cap that fits one of those bottles that came with my ASD bottle when I got it. That way I can have one that is always 4:1 and one that is 10:1.. :woohoo:

justin30513
02-04-2007, 07:42 PM
So you got the plus?

BlueLibby04
02-04-2007, 08:42 PM
So you got the plus?

yup... Ive never seen any complaints about it.. Is there something I dont know? :confused:

I didnt really see a difference between the two.. The plus seems to be more versatile too.. :)

astaticwinter
02-04-2007, 10:32 PM
I just went through the APC vs. APC+ myself. I wound up grabbing a gallon of each actually, haha.

Originally I grabbed a gallon of APC+ with a gift card from Christmas to ADS...I planned on using it at 10:1 for carpets with my little green machine, and for general interior cleaning, like the dash, door panels, etc. And at 4:1 for wheels, tires, wheel wells, and engine cleaning.

I wound up selling my original car after my products were picked out, and my Matrix XRS was gone, and my new 02 Mustang GT was here...with leather. So I did another order from ADS, grabbing a gallon of Meg`s Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, and at the recomendation of the owner, grabbed a gallon of regular APC for cleaning the leather first. He said as a general rule of thumb, APC for interior, APC+ for exterior.

A lot of people use APC+ for extractors because it`s low foaming. I don`t actually use the cleaner in the LGM, but spray it on the carpets, work it in with a Meguiar`s interior brush, and extract it with the LGM and go over it with water. If you were actually using the cleaner in the extractor, APC+ would be the way to go, but I think normal APC is better for spraying on, since it foams and brings the dirt to the top for easy extraction.

So, that`s my two cents on the topic, haha...grab both ;) If you already grabbed the APC+, it`ll be absolutly fine, it just doesn`t foam.

BlueLibby04
02-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the replies guys..

I just noticed that I put this in the detailing section and not the products section.. I was wondering why I couldnt find it in the products section. Sry about that. :xyxthumbs

BlueZero
02-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I like using a foaming sprayer with APC. Not sure if it works with APC+.

BlackElantraGT
02-05-2007, 05:30 PM
I use the foaming sprayer for APC+ that I cut to 10:1 for interior. I usually find myself spraying it onto my microfiber and then wiping, otherwise if I spray it directly I`ll not only get a bunch of overspray, but if I spray it onto something leather, the material becomes "blotchy". So for me, I`ve found it to be easier and the surfaces look cleaner more evenly when I just wipe it down instead of spraying it on. The foaming sprayer never worked as well as I hoped it would. It seems to "dribble" a lot. I wish I had just gotten a regular-type sprayer.

Envious Eric
02-05-2007, 07:49 PM
i have had no problem cleaning the entire interior of cars with APC+ mixed 4:1, 5:1....no blotchy spots, just really clean and effortless cleaning! Spray it one, wipe it off right away, all the dirt comes off with it! I used it on spots where I thought I was only going to remove the stain 1/2 way and after I was doen, it was 95% gone, just the middle darkness was left...

I LOVE THIS APC+

chas.007
02-05-2007, 08:43 PM
ardex labortories in philadelphia pa. makes several top notch all purpose cleaners ,but i feel as though they my have the best chemical line in the country,and very affordable( they are the manufacturer)

BlueLibby04
02-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Do you all use distilled water to dilute these cleaners?