PDA

View Full Version : Lexus SC400 Form Another Member

beemerboy1
02-04-2007, 12:17 PM
I was contacted threw a PM, here from a local guy looking to get his car back in shape to sell. It was pretty trashed on the outside, inside was some work but nothing earth schatting.

Anyway these before pics are after I had spent 2 hours washing it and doing the motor. I was really trying to show the swirls in the paint but even with this new wiz bang camera I`m still a dunce.

What I did was.

Washed with PB SS&S

Clayed with QD

SSR2.5, Edge polishing pad with a rotary

SSR1, Edge polish pad with the same

PC polishing pad with P-w-C

The finish had a few minor scratches from wear and tear, but all in all for a 92 this car came back to life!

One thing the really surprised me on this car was it acted like SS paint, I was lifting color off the car and onto the pads. I`ve not done a car that was like that, I had read that on some earlier year Japanese cars that some where single stage paints, I guess this might have been one

Snapfish: Share Interstitial:Registration (http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=147758644/a=34332126_34332126/t_=34332126)

MMasz
02-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Nice job both inside and outside! Lexus does a great job with their paint. Even paint that looks too far gone can be rejuvenated.