PDA

View Full Version : That twin turbo Z06 I detailed this summer is for sale again!

Scottwax
02-04-2007, 01:40 AM
2nd time it has been up for sale since I detailed it in early October. First guy ran into financial trouble, second guy pretty much admits the car it too much for him.

Original C&B threads: http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/78557-2001-twin-turbo-z06-acura-tl-s-audi-a6-trailblazer-ss-sport-trac-rx300-my-car.html?highlight=twin+turbo+z06

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/78478-quick-preview-2001-z06-twin-turbo-trailblazer-ss-acura-tl-audi-a6.html?highlight=twin+turbo+z06

He put a red stripe on the front fender, changed the wheels and tires. He even shot a video of it! YouTube - *JPJ Studios* Twin Turbo Corvette Z06 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIV5DjMdi0g)

EBay ad if anyone cares: eBay Motors: Chevrolet : Corvette (item 160081042525 end time Feb-11-07 17:26:43 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160081042525)

imported_themightytimmah
02-04-2007, 03:03 AM
Why do I get the feeling that that car is gonna take someone with it when it goes out :).

Scottwax
02-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Why do I get the feeling that that car is gonna take someone with it when it goes out :).

Probably because it is scary fast. It would EASILY walk a C6 Z06. When I got a ride in it, even in 4th gear the acceleration never seemed to let up.

Spilchy
02-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Would`ve been nice to hear more of the engine and sounds of pounding the pavement than the dramatic looped music!

Very, very cool nonetheless! (minus the red stripe :p )

Charisma
02-04-2007, 12:45 PM
That thing is sick nasty, but I want to see it move!

Accumulator
02-04-2007, 01:06 PM
The frequent reselling (let alone its being listed on e-bay) makes me wonder whether a) it`s all *that* sorted-out/trouble-free and/or b) whether it`s any fun on the street. Driving a fast car at 4/10ths gets old fast, I couldn`t enjoy that thing unless I tracked it. I couldn`t even enjoy my Mallett C5 on the street. Heh heh, I don`t *think* this is a sour-grapes post as I truly don`t miss the Mallett...

imported_themightytimmah
02-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Driving a fast car at 4/10ths gets old fast, I couldn`t enjoy that thing unless I tracked it.

Aint that the truth. My friend has a 2005 STi that puts down somewhere around 500 to the wheels, and it was more fun to drive when it was stock. The clutch is impossible to work, and just the 1-2-3 upshift has you looking at jail time on most roads.

Scottwax
02-04-2007, 05:12 PM
The frequent reselling (let alone its being listed on e-bay) makes me wonder whether a) it`s all *that* sorted-out/trouble-free and/or b) whether it`s any fun on the street. Driving a fast car at 4/10ths gets old fast, I couldn`t enjoy that thing unless I tracked it. I couldn`t even enjoy my Mallett C5 on the street. Heh heh, I don`t *think* this is a sour-grapes post as I truly don`t miss the Mallett...

The car is well sorted out (the build took nearly 2 years) and the clutch engages easily and it will putter around town with no driveability issues. The engine and drivetrain are built to handle the power the engine is capable of and then some.

Basically, the guy who had it build (the one I detailed it for) said the car scares him it is so fast and the 3rd owner (the one selling it now) also admits the car is too much for him. I`ve been in the car, the rate of acceleration borders on frightening. I have never been in a car that shoves you into the seat so deep, and then just keeps doing so no matter how fast you go.

Based on what is expected with racing gas and more boost (900+ hp) and what Motor Trend got out of a 880 hp Lingenfelter Corvette (9.2 @ 150, 0-100 in 4.33 on slicks), this is a car that can get you in trouble very quickly.

The next owner needs to live in an area that isn`t crowded I guess.

Oh, and I`d agree, the video would be a lot better if they got on it regularly to show how fast it disappears.

Accumulator
02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
ScottWax- OK, good to know it`s well-sorted, hope he can get that across to potential buyers.

Guess "fun to drive" depends on who you`re asking, bet that thing would be great for actual *travel* on the autobahn. Hopefully it`ll find the right home this time, somebody with lots of money and experience who does a lot of track days at a facility with long straights. Might be a good care for stuff like the One Lap or the Silver State event too.

imported_Yal
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
^Or someone who has enough money to ship it to Germany like that Ford commercial ;)