PDA

View Full Version : Should i start over?

Pages : [1] 2

achebee4you
02-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Well i am new to polishing. here`s what i did. With the use of a PC 7336s on my 99 nissan maxima sterling mist

1. LC- orange pad with PB ssr2.5

2. LC white polishing pad Klasse AIO

3. Megiuars Carnuba 26 by hand

4. LC black finishing pad with NXT

The paint looks great but i just realized i should have done NXT before the Carnuba wax doh!!!

I mean what should i do start over and clean the car with dish soap and re do with NXT then Meguiars #26 Wax? Or should i just leave it even though the NXT prob won`t last since i applied it after the wax 26?

thanks

Tim

Eliot Ness
02-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Well, since NXT has mild cleaners it might be bonding better than you think, since I`m sure it removed at least part (if not all) of the #26. If your car looks good then I`d leave it alone for now. After your next wash you can add some more NXT and then after it cures you can top with #26 if you`d like.

Congratulations on your first polishing job!

Accumulator
02-04-2007, 12:55 PM
I agree :yxthumbs

Consider that NXT is supposed to work over oil-rich products like #7...I bet it`ll work out just fine. Reapply the NXT after a wash the next time it`s convenient.

achebee4you
02-04-2007, 10:32 PM
thanks guys i got bored and just wiped down the car with quick detailer and did another coat of NXT. The car hasn`t gotten dirty enough to wash it, lol. I love how it shines in the sun but it doesn`t pop, this nissan greyish silver (sterling mist) doesn`t really pop. However i`ve done the same process to a pearl white integra but with Klasse SG instead and wow did that pop is there a big difference btw SG and NXT, i thought NXt would pop more?

achebee4you
02-05-2007, 01:40 PM
thanks guys i got bored and just wiped down the car with quick detailer and did another coat of NXT. The car hasn`t gotten dirty enough to wash it, lol. I love how it shines in the sun but it doesn`t pop, this nissan greyish silver (sterling mist) doesn`t really pop. However i`ve done the same process to a pearl white integra but with Klasse SG instead and wow did that pop is there a big difference btw SG and NXT, i thought NXt would pop more?

Anyone have any perference for tha silver car NXT or SG

Accumulator
02-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Haven`t tried NXT so I can`t compare the two, but I only like how KSG looks on certain silvers. It looks OK/nice on Mazda silver but I hated it so much on Audi silver that I stripped it off..just my opinion though, others will have a completely different take on it.

achebee4you
02-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Haven`t tried NXT so I can`t compare the two, but I only like how KSG looks on certain silvers. It looks OK/nice on Mazda silver but I hated it so much on Audi silver that I stripped it off..just my opinion though, others will have a completely different take on it.

it has been raining on anf off here in south fl as you all have witnessed from the super bowl and so far the nxt us holding up however i don`t like how the water turns into tiny beeds and creates tiny water spots which can be easily removed with quick detailer however when i`ve used SG but on a white integra and ran into rain the car didn`t bead as much the water just slid right off. Is this characteristic for NXT? Not to sheet water off as well as SG? If so how wold i go about swtiching to SG after i`ve already applied two coats of nxt during the past 3 days? And would you suggest it?

thanks

Tim

Accumulator
02-06-2007, 10:28 AM
..nxt us holding up however i don`t like how the water turns into tiny beeds and creates tiny water spots which can be easily removed with quick detailer however when i`ve used SG but on a white integra and ran into rain the car didn`t bead as much the water just slid right off. Is this characteristic for NXT? Not to sheet water off as well as SG? If so how wold i go about swtiching to SG after i`ve already applied two coats of nxt during the past 3 days? And would you suggest it?

I really dunno if NXT is supposed to bead or sheet. Interesting about the Acura, the SG on my minivan beads, but yeah, a lot of the water does roll off.

Switching to the SG would be a chore, you`d have to clean off the NXT/#26 first (I`d use the Klasse AIO to do this) and then apply the SG.

If it were mine, I`d probably try topping the NXT/#26 with Collinite wax and see how you like that. The Collinite beads too, but the beads roll off pretty well and I consider it one of the "self-cleaning" waxes for this reason. I don`t have a big problem with the beads leaving spots like you`re having with the NXT.

If you really want to go for sheeting instead of beading, either search or start a new thread asking about it; I bet there are people here who know exactly what does the sheeting thing best.

DirtySouth
02-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I`ve been using NXT for quite a while & there is always alot of beading afterwards whenever the car gets wet. It seems to last for at least 1-2 months.

achebee4you
02-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I`ve been using NXT for quite a while & there is always alot of beading afterwards whenever the car gets wet. It seems to last for at least 1-2 months.

two months only huh, SG has lasted longer when i use to use it on my integra, oh well i`m too lazy to switch it maybe this spring i`ll redo it once the NXT wears off.

achebee4you
02-08-2007, 11:27 PM
so lately i`ve been using the meg quick detail on those humid FL mornings, however i`ve done it twice already and the car isn`t as shinny as it was like 3 days ago? does quick detailer take off the nxt? i`ve been using a nice clean think MF cloth the wipe the care down. Should i add another coat of NXt again the surface of the car isn`t as slick as it was 3 days ago

Accumulator
02-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Dunno just what`s happening to the finish, but it doesn`t sound good. Whenever some characteristic I value (slickness, looks, beading, whatever) I reapply my LSP.

Hope the QDing isn`t micro-marring the finish; I can`t QD (a car that`s been driven) without causing *some* degree of damage, though it might be too slight to easily see with the naked eye.

achebee4you
02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Dunno just what`s happening to the finish, but it doesn`t sound good. Whenever some characteristic I value (slickness, looks, beading, whatever) I reapply my LSP.

Hope the QDing isn`t micro-marring the finish; I can`t QD (a car that`s been driven) without causing *some* degree of damage, though it might be too slight to easily see with the naked eye.

I`m sorry i don`t know what LSP stand for what should i do again, should i reapply nxt or 26 this weekend the paint is still smooth i just see more of the old micro marring i couldn`t get rid off with my PC Lake orange with SSR2.5. I just don`t like that it isn`t as slick as it was. I did mess up my initial detail bc i applied 26 by hand before applying NXt could this be the reason for my problems and then i applied NXT with the PC two coats over two days but that was like 4 days ago.

imported_hayless
02-09-2007, 01:55 PM
achebee4you,

LSP=Last Step Product. In your case it would be the NXT.

Best of luck!

achebee4you
02-10-2007, 11:02 AM
just did it nice and slick again i just hope i won`t need to apply a 4th coat