PDA

View Full Version : klasse SG problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

krouchchocolate
02-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I applied my last layered yesterday on my car after itz wash. I left the SG to cure in my garage for about 15 hours but my mom took out my car for a drive. I wanted to let it cure for 24 hours before i removed the SG! I was going to remove it today, but she took my car to work. Now what should i do? Should i just rewash the car again.

ConglomrationAL
02-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I`ve never heard of people leaving SG on their car for an entire day without wiping it off. I`m pretty sure you`re supposed to remove it then you let the SG cure.

Anywho...does the paint look bad? I can imagine if you didn`t remove the SG for a day it`s pretty much rock solid on there. If you just want to get the SG off you can use an acrylic QD and it should be able to get that right up. If you really want the SG to stay on there for a day then i`d just use some Dawn, it should be able take all that off.

Eliot Ness
02-03-2007, 10:47 PM
.......Now what should i do? Should i just rewash the car again.Yeah, I`d give that a try because it will most likely have some dirt from being driven. There was a recent thread where a member used a wash to remove the SG instead of buffing it off:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/84744-klasse-sg-removal-technique.html

If you apply the SG thin enough you should be able to buff it off pretty easily, and there really isn`t a need to leave it on overnight. Like ConglomrationAL mentioned, just try to keep it dry while it cures for about 24 hours.

beastie
02-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Yep, just wash it. It will easily remove the SG you were supposed to wipe off but still leaving the protectionand shine on. I wouldn`t just QD it unless it is really just a very thin layer of dust.

krouchchocolate
02-03-2007, 11:36 PM
yeah the layer looks very thin. It doesn`t look too thick because the car is still very shiny.

Brian_Brice
02-03-2007, 11:39 PM
not to sound like a smart @ss or anything but it will shine if you cake it one, klasse has a learning curve, thick is a lot thinner than you may think.

krouchchocolate
02-03-2007, 11:50 PM
ohhh. I thought it was suppose to leave a white little glaze kinda look. Like how a glazed doughnut look.

krouchchocolate
02-03-2007, 11:52 PM
could i just qd it without washing the car again?

ConglomrationAL
02-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Yeah you can. Use an ancrylic QD and it`ll get the SG rightup.

klnyc
02-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Man, I feel like given SG try again. Last time I used was on my 1999 Accord(trade it).

I wonder if I can use SG(apply thin) and use like Durgloss FC to buff it off?

imported_Lightman
02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
The best way to use KSG is throw it in the trash and get a modern sealant...lol.

Krouchchocolate, I think you may be missing the difference between drying and curing. Drying is how long you leave the product on before buffing off...curing is after it`s been buffed off..it will offgas and harden etc... There`s no need to leave that ksg on so long to dry. For comparison, my bottle of CG Fseal offers 10-15 min drying time and 15-20 min cure times. I believe werkstatt and some others also offer much shorter times than the dinosaur ksg :)

imported_icall
02-04-2007, 02:06 PM
I would definitely lean towards washing it. I`ve read QD`ing may cause hazing on Klasse(never experienced personally) and QD`ing may cause marring if you are not very careful. Washing just seems alot easier and safer. Its not like you`ll have to clean the rims again and ripe the top of your hand up on the rotors as you reach all the way back....Sorry, weekend trauma. I really need to get one of those california dusters and try that in soap water on the inside of the rim...

krouchchocolate
02-04-2007, 08:26 PM
i thikn i will just wash it. Will it be able to get rid of all the SG or most of it?

Accumulator
02-04-2007, 09:09 PM
i thikn i will just wash it. Will it be able to get rid of all the SG or most of it?

IMO that`s a good idea. I don`t think it`ll remove much of the SG that you *want* on there, just a good portion of the excess that should`ve been buffed off anyhow. After you wash and dry, I`d do another coat of SG, but don`t leave it on forever; let it dry and then buff it off (yeah, I often leave it on overnight before I buff it off, but that`s just me).

FWIW, I put it on so thin that I basically can`t see it on the paint. That tiny little bit is always sufficient as I get pretty incredible durability out if KSG.

imported_icall
02-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Accumulator, you leave th SG on as well. I`m reading more and more people leave this on as opposed to wipe on wipe off which I found incredibly easy. Its been 2 1/2 months since my seal and the water still flies off and it still looks like I just sealed it after a wash and dry. Is the shine alot better by leaving it on or is the durability extremely improved? How to you buff it off? By hand, PC, rotary, wash, cold distilled water?

Thanks in advance