PDA

View Full Version : Zymol HD- Cleanse review

CalgaryDetail
02-03-2007, 11:55 AM
I havent really posted on this forum in a while as life gets busy. I did post a few comments the last couple days and decided that this review would work well on autopia.

I did this review after detailing and eclipse. (which can be seen on DC or AGO..sorry to forum jump but with the pictures and what not). So i hope it helps someone if not sorry.

Product: Zymol HD-Cleanse

Size: 8 OZ bottle

Price: $24 US thats 3 bucks an oz.

Directions per zymol: (paraphrased). Wash the car, clean off any loose dirt. Then you apply using firm to heavy pressure. Let sit for 20 seconds.

How I used it: as they said on the directions, i havent experimented enough to try it anyother way

Initial thoughts: Dang this is expensive but I have heard its good. I wanted to try a few diffrent cleansing products so I can leave zymol out. I have been impressed up to this point so why not

Smell: It smelled like choclate.. it was kinda weird. I honestly loved it at the beggining but it got old fast. But hey i can deal with a lot worse so no biggie

Texture/colour: It was a brown creamy liquid. Kinda like a sun screen texture

So i used it and this is what I thought

Cleaning ability: it worked well, it seamed to leave the paint nice and smooth and soft. It cleaned off anything the clay missed

Added depth: the cleanser left the paint really deep. Similar to the lite cleanse by VW. I dont know how to explain it but it seemed to make the paint look as though it was a mile deep. It also left the paint nice and shiny, it was like I applied a coat of wax.

After I applied the wax it only got better.

Final thoughts: This product seemed to do the same thing as Victoria wax Lite cleanse (i think that was what LC was supposted to be like). It added depth and clarity, ad well as helped clean the paint. I dont know how to explain it.

Would I buy it again? no probably not. It worked awsome but the VW stuff works exaclty the same but is cheaper. And i like cheaper.. (lite cleanse is 16.05 CDN for 8oz).

I liked it but its too expensive..

I know this review was kinda crappy but im outa practice. Its been a while. Ill have to get my flow back..

Any comments or questions would be awsome

Mike

-80s Benz-
02-04-2007, 12:12 AM
LOL, it does smell a bit like chocolate. It also does a *fine* job of visibly reducing light scratches and moderate swirl marks. (My guess is that it must contain some light polishing agents, as in my case the swirls never really "came back" to their previous level, even after several years.)

I LOVE HD-Cleanse followed by Zymol "Creme" on my motorcycle (Suzuki "candy red" metallic). Nice warm glow... To my eyes, nothing else I`ve tried comes close, though admittedly I`m comparing mostly to OTC products... I haven`t tried many of the more "esoteric" products often mentioned here. (Though my 1Z polishes and 845 just came in, WOOT!)