PDA

View Full Version : Da color sanding ???????????? anyone with experience Help

jonszr1
02-03-2007, 03:22 AM
I have this norton -norax system da color sanding backing pad and 1500-3000 system . I have hand color sanded before but .how does this work . still wet? what type of air da works best . just basicly __HELP. talk to me tell me how this works . thanx:shocked :hairpull

imported_steveo3002
02-03-2007, 09:38 AM
ive used the 3m stuff for dry sanding, i used it mainly for taking orange peel down on clearcoat jobs prior to a blend/paint job or to take any peel off before polishing

what tips do you need?? keep it clean, stay away from edges , dont go mad with it

jonszr1
02-03-2007, 09:54 AM
tips i need rpms-let the da do the work or do you press down a little- arm speed-a good da to buy for the job. this system seem to be a wet one. so 3-m has a system too and its dry? thanx for any help:bounce :confused:

wannafbody
02-03-2007, 10:09 AM
I think the 4* abrasive gel that Danase sells would work well with that type of system. I`ve wondered about wetsanding with the PC and Mirka Abralon papers. Anyone ever try that?

imported_steveo3002
02-03-2007, 10:25 AM
okay as for machine speed..fairly low id say 2 out of 10 on a speed scale

no arm pressure, just enough to suport the machine...a gentle pass should remove any peel easily..check your work often mistakes happen fast

btw...what are you doing or planning to do?

wannafbody...ive used the abralon 2000 foam backed discs wet

edit oh yeah the 3m kit we have came with a interface pad..its a thin foam pad that fits between the backing plate and the paper disc, its pretty important to use that to help avoid any damage

wannafbody
02-03-2007, 10:35 AM
thanks STEVEO, just thinking not planning on using that combo yet.