PDA

View Full Version : Zymol Concours... Am I worthy?

Pages : [1] 2 3

05Sleeper
02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
I was wondering if Zymol Concours wax would bring out a whole new dimension to the look of my car. I amnot sure what it looks best on, but my Phantom Black Metallic S4deserves the best... :bounce

Please advise!:help:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0252.JPG

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_02591.JPG

onelazydawg
02-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Pinnacle Soveran Paste hands down better looking than that yellow Concours concoction. You dont even need to warm Pinnacle in your hands. :shocked

Accumulator
02-01-2007, 07:44 PM
05Sleeper- I wouldn`t consider it until you get the finish perfectly marring-free. IMO (based on what the resident Zymol experts have posted), you won`t get any real benefit from using it on an imperfect finish. Based on the other threads where we`ve been discussing your new S4, I wouldn`t be too concerned with the LSP at this point. Gee, I`m a lot of fun, huh :o Sorry to be a bummer.. Anyhow, this is gonna be a daily driver right? There are characteristics I`d value more highly than that last 5% of looks, like shedding contamination, protection from evnironmental nasties, slickness to aid in the avoidance of wash-induced marring, and durability.

DM101
02-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Agree 100%..... But you have to prep the car correctly for any LSP to be effective and look good.

Pinnacle Soveran Paste hands down better looking than that yellow Concours concoction. You dont even need to warm Pinnacle in your hands. :shocked

05Sleeper
02-01-2007, 09:07 PM
I am going to get the prep work 100%! That you can be sure of! So, after that I want to make it look its absolute best!!! I am not really worried about the cost of the LSP I use (to an extent of course) but I do want this thing to look its ABSOLUTE BEST!!!

If you have ANY recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks again!!!

Deanski
02-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Zymol and other esoteric waxes are nothing more than carnuba as the main ingredient, then it`s the oils that you start paying for. There is no "white carnuba" that is natural, it`s yellow bleached which quite a few companies will do.

Now, also adding more of the esoteric line, application by smearing it on a finish with your hands is another added degree of these waxes to be more exclusive.

Or:

I use wax that is 60% Saber-Toothed Puruvian Mountain Yak virgin ear wax, and 40% African Jungle Chihuahua fromunder cheese harvested with an antique wooden spoon by toothless tribeswomen who then cure it between their cheek and gum for 7 1/2 hours. It costs $7,000 an ounce, and there`s a 5-year waiting list, and if you get caught with it in U.S. customs, you`re shipped to Guantanamo Bay.

Of course, once you wax your car with it the result is not much different than a $7 bottle of Meguiars, but that`s where you have to fly in a genuine hindu swami who will bring you into such a pure state of meditation that you`ll swear it looks better, and was well worth the price...

Regards,

Deanski

05Sleeper
02-01-2007, 09:55 PM
^^^ Wow!!! ^^^

Mikeyc
02-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Zymol and other esoteric waxes are nothing more than carnuba as the main ingredient, then it`s the oils that you start paying for. There is no "white carnuba" that is natural, it`s yellow bleached which quite a few companies will do.

Now, also adding more of the esoteric line, application by smearing it on a finish with your hands is another added degree of these waxes to be more exclusive.

Or:

I use wax that is 60% Saber-Toothed Puruvian Mountain Yak virgin ear wax, and 40% African Jungle Chihuahua fromunder cheese harvested with an antique wooden spoon by toothless tribeswomen who then cure it between their cheek and gum for 7 1/2 hours. It costs $7,000 an ounce, and there`s a 5-year waiting list, and if you get caught with it in U.S. customs, you`re shipped to Guantanamo Bay.

Of course, once you wax your car with it the result is not much different than a $7 bottle of Meguiars, but that`s where you have to fly in a genuine hindu swami who will bring you into such a pure state of meditation that you`ll swear it looks better, and was well worth the price...

I`m not really sure what your problem with Zymol is. However, I`m sure you wouldn`t appreciate it if I said Zaino was made from pixie dust and other ridiculousness. Outright bashing of a product because you don`t like it is uncalled for and unnecessary. Didn`t your mommy ever teach you "if you don`t have anything nice to say don`t say anything at all." ;)

Clearly many people do like Zymol regardless of what it`s ingredients are. Otherwise they`d be out of business.

I am going to get the prep work 100%! That you can be sure of! So, after that I want to make it look its absolute best!!! I am not really worried about the cost of the LSP I use (to an extent of course) but I do want this thing to look its ABSOLUTE BEST!!!

If you have ANY recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks again!!!

As Accumulator already mentioned and you`ve already realized prep is key. If you don`t polish out paint imperfections then it doesn`t really matter what LSP you use. Always apply your LSP to a imperfection free surface to achieve maximum results. :xyxthumbs

05Sleeper
02-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I understand about the prep. I have that part covered! CAn we get back to the topic?

What LSP would be absolutely BEST for my car?

Mikeyc
02-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I understand about the prep. I have that part covered! CAn we get back to the topic?

What LSP would be absolutely BEST for my car?

The problem is . . . only you can answer that question. It`s a personal choice. Myself, I would love to see that car with some Zymol Concours on it. If you ask someone else they may say Zaino or Natty`s Blue or Souveran or something else. Every LSP looks a little different, lasts a different amount of time, is a little harder/easier to work with, etc. So, you really don`t know if you`ll like an LSP until you actually use it yourself.

SuperBuick
02-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Simple answer (*****assuming proper prep*****). Councours will look great, fantastic even, but I don`t think it is worth the extra $$ over Souveran. How do I know? I`ve used both extensively :)

lbls1
02-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Please............please...........stop the madness.

I am a veteren Zymol user. I have compared it with several waxes, including one or two mentioned in this thread. I am also an avid user of P21s.

Prep your surface properly. Compare Concours..............I dare you........to any and/or a few waxes mentioned here and to what you were using before.........and see for yourself.

imported_themightytimmah
02-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Jason - a carnuba is only one part of the puzzle. I find that a good glaze underneath really puts it over the top. Try any carnuba over CG Acrylic Glaze - even over a perfectly prepped surface it still adds depth and wetness. Over an imperfectly prepped surface.... it`s magic.

05Sleeper
02-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Ok. I have souveran on it now and it is about to be taken off this weekend for a good polishing and some damage control... I have some Menzerna IP, FP II, Meguiar`s #4, #9, etc...

After that, Should I prep it with AIO, VM, RMG, NXT, UPP, FMJ, etc... before adding a Carnuba, PS, CMW, TWUPG, #16, etc...???

Which combo would you choose?

Also, I may just go out and buy the Zymol Sampler Kit... would you recommend it? Or are there better thngs to consider?

CalgaryDetail
02-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Good luck finding the sampler kit. The peable beach kit is no longer made and is IMPOSIBLE to find. I have searched high and low.

As for the best wax for that black. Hands down Victoria wax concours. It is much more impresive the sovergn. It will leave your paint looking a mile deep.

LiteCommerce online store builder (http://www.victoriawax.com)