PDA

View Full Version : Exterior rubber

dannys415
04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
What do you guys use to clean exterior rubber and plastics? So for textured moldings and rubber trimmings with old wax, what`s really good out there? Thanks for any help!

Dan

JaredPointer
04-28-2005, 07:56 AM
I usually use the old home remedy - peanut butter. I have read many a good thing about Poorboy`s Trim Restorer as well.

Once you get them clean, take care not to get them waxy again. :)

klnyc
04-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Man, peanut butter its too messy. I hate to see abunch of yellow jacks or wasp flying around me while detail my ride.
Get PB Trim Restore...alittle dap can do wonder. :mohawk

Raven
04-28-2005, 08:28 AM
PB`s trim restore is great for removing wax on textured trim but so is a white eraser (magic rub from staples) for sun faded trim the only thing I`ve found to work well is Klasse VLRP Cleaner Protectant, it will make the trim black again but will (IMHO) need to be topped with your favorite dressing for shine.

Fishpimp
04-28-2005, 08:30 AM
I use peanut oil. Restores color and removes wax instantly. Buffs out looks brand new. Stays black and beads water. What more could you ask for. I`m a newbie to this foroum, however, I`m an internet worm. I apply with my index finger and terry cloth and use my nail to get into groves. :band

JaredPointer
04-28-2005, 08:44 AM
I almost completely forgot about the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. For some reason, I don`t use them as much as when I first got hold of them. Seems to leave white crap everywhere near where I use them. I usually go back and wash it off. I guess it`s no more messy than PB, but I rarely use stuff that stains trim anymore - at least to my knowledge. :dunno