PDA

View Full Version : n00b wondering if he is on the right track

shakashaunz
01-30-2007, 04:19 AM
Hello there I`m new here after lurking for a few weeks. This last weekend I broke down and bought a PC DA buffer to put to work on my non turbo 300zx after not having much luck by hand. It has a pretty crappy paint job so I experimented on it with a host of OTC products and pads. It came out very nice but now I am ready to step up and work on my metallic Black twinturbo 300zx with much nicer paint. It`s still factory paint and maintained pretty well but has a few surface scratches and swrils from summer driving. I ordered the sonus SFX pads and polishes as from my research are pretty easy to use. Here is what I plan on doing, just wondering if anybody has any tips or advise.

wash w/ zymol auto wash

no need to clay car,recently done.

polish with sonus SFX-2

polish with sonus SFX-3

seal with megs nxt

top coat with s100

I have at one time or another used most OTC waxes and polishes but applied them by hand only. After finishing my non-turbo today i can really see the benefit of the PC as all the micro marring is gone and really can`t wait to put it to use on my nice weekend car. Thanks In advance.

LastDetail
01-30-2007, 05:01 AM
The only recommendation that I would make is to use a true sealant instead of the NXT wax. You will get a greater durability and avoid any issues with the light cleaning ability of NXT. I have had great experiences with PB EX-P, very easy to apply and remove. Just make sure you don`t get it on any trim or a week later you will see white marks wherever it touched.

Other than that your lineup looks pretty solid.

imported_fishbonezken
01-30-2007, 06:22 AM
to add,

if NXT is the only sealant you have, then go ahead with NXT, since you are applying it after polish, it shouldn`t be a problem.

Good luck! NXT looks dang good btw...just doesn`t last as good as it looks.