PDA

View Full Version : new car, here we go!!!

jimmie jam
01-29-2007, 07:45 PM
o.k. new car is in the garage. it`s a 2007 corvette convertible: 3LT, A6, NAV., F55, XM, Polished Wheels. artic white exterior, cashmere interior (light beige) with beige top. i was at the factory 1/2/07 and 1/3 to watch it being built. it was shipped 1/3 and delivered to the dealer 1/4. it was picked up by exotic transport 1/5 and at my door 1/8. fresh and still in the wrapper including ALL protective coverings. it has been in the garage since (2 miles). on 1/27 i drove it to Boca (57 miles round trip) and had a clear bra put on it and removed the "plastic protection everywhere.

so, the question is: it is necessary to clay because this car has not done any exterior time except the truck ride from Bowling Green, KY to Jasper FL. no dirt or weather, etc.. my thoughts were to wash and NXT or IW 845 only. any thoughts?

thanks.

BigJimZ28
01-29-2007, 08:01 PM
clay is cheap and easy, why not?

David703
01-29-2007, 08:07 PM
I had rail dust on my new white ford lightning, but that was obviously from the train..

Your car seems to be pretty much virgin clean.. but there would be no harm to give a light clay if you want.

BMW335i
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Interestingly, my car had pretty much no contamination whatsoever, and its an 07`. I used Sonus green Ultra-Fine and did quite a few passes with lots of lube but I got nothing. I DID however get a lot of contamination and grit from the windows and rims.

David Fermani
01-29-2007, 10:30 PM
o.k. new car is in the garage. it`s a 2007 corvette convertible: 3LT, A6, NAV., F55, XM, Polished Wheels. artic white exterior, cashmere interior (light beige) with beige top. i was at the factory 1/2/07 and 1/3 to watch it being built. it was shipped 1/3 and delivered to the dealer 1/4. it was picked up by exotic transport 1/5 and at my door 1/8. fresh and still in the wrapper including ALL protective coverings. it has been in the garage since (2 miles). on 1/27 i drove it to Boca (57 miles round trip) and had a clear bra put on it and removed the "plastic protection everywhere.

so, the question is: it is necessary to clay because this car has not done any exterior time except the truck ride from Bowling Green, KY to Jasper FL. no dirt or weather, etc.. my thoughts were to wash and NXT or IW 845 only. any thoughts?

thanks.

Let me know if you want me to take a look at it. I live in W. Lake Worth and work the Ft. Lauderdale area. I`ve had 2 white vettes and I use to prep/seal them for one of the largest Vette dealers in the country. I`d be glad to help.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Ummmmm.:showpics