PDA

View Full Version : Review - Mytee Lite 8070 Heated Extractor

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Lightman
01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Well guys Santa brought me my new Mytee lite this year, so I thought I`d share my experiences/thoughts. I got mine on ebay from `abettercleaningsystems` I believe it was, for a great price, shipping was quick, no issues. So far my only basis of comparison was the Little Green Proheat machine that I`d been using. When shopping for extractors recently, I looked very hard at the Durrmaid (despite all the horrible customer service stories), the aztec, the Mytee, and up to the larger units. I decided I wanted to be in for less than a thousand dollars for this machine, and not have it be too big, yet still perform well.

I can only say that so far I`m ecstatic with my choice, and would buy the same unit again! I have been using Prochem`s Ultrapac TLC and their All Fiber Rinse, and they are outstanding. Also been using detailking`s (its pretty cheap) defoamer, 2 capfuls per dirty water tank. The floor wand is awesome as well, I did the entire carpet in my living room in 15 mins maybe, and even with the extra length/width the suction was still good as was the heat of the water. I got the little green basically as an experiment, to see if an extractor was something that I wanted...for the money I think I got good use out of the LGPH and it led me to this mytee. I can only say they compare in concept..because the performance difference between these two machines is mindblowing. No more taking pass after pass over dirty areas watching the lgph suck up brown water or foamy solution...this thing blasts and extracts almost always completely on one pass, some spots needing 2..Everything also dries a lot faster.

I would highly recommend this unit! :2thumbs:

Pros:

- Long hose so you dont have to move it around much

- Once warmed up and sprayed for a few secs to clear the lines, the water is excruciatingly skin melting hot.

- While the mytee is only listed at 85" of lift, as member RAG has noted in the past, the suction is incredible, it sucks much harder than my shopvac.

- 3gal solution/3gal waste tank so much nicer than LGPH, don`t have to keep emptying/refilling.

- Top of machine is the waste tank, releasing one clamp allows you to simply use the big handle and lift the dirty tank off the bottom half of the machine and walk to wherever you want to dump it. Larger machines have drains on the back and require you to use a bucket.

- Really sturdy overall construction - no warnings against tap water etc, just every 20 hrs run some mytee system maintainer thru it to keep everything clean and happy (which is like $5 per quart, one quart being all you need)

- Easy to wheel around, basket for attachments/chemicals

Cons:

- Water takes a while to fully heat up if it`s not hot water to begin with. I usually turn on the pump and heater, do something else, and come back 15-20 mins later..not a huge deal.

- Vacuum is noisy (I usually wear ear protection muffs)

pt91
01-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the write up. This is on my list of maybes. I was only concerned about the lift number being low. Which floor wand did you get?

imported_rydawg
01-29-2007, 02:13 PM
how much did it cost?

imported_Lightman
01-29-2007, 02:15 PM
PT - no problem, glad to share. That was my only concern too, but after reading more posts on the forum, and hearing RAG say that he`d used both the mytee and the durrmaid and despite the lower published numbers the mytee had more suction...that was enough for me to give it a shot. I`m glad to say they`re right...although I`ve never tried a durrmaid, the suction of this mytee is awesome! The floor wand is a pretty basic one - see if this link works for you - eBay: 8070 MYTEE AUTO DETAIL MACHINE CAR CARPET CLEANER (item 260060891331 end time Feb-02-07 10:58:08 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/8070-MYTEE-AUTO-DETAIL-MACHINE-CAR-CARPET-CLEANER_W0QQitemZ260060891331QQihZ016QQcategoryZ42 926QQcmdZViewItem)

Bbasso
01-29-2007, 02:16 PM
thanks! make me spend more money I don`t have :P

And is it really that loud? dammit.

imported_Lightman
01-29-2007, 02:41 PM
rydawg - check the ebay link above - 800-900 with the toys and shipping.

Bbasso - it`s a sickness we all share and love, buying these new detailing `toys` ;) It`s not really THAT loud..I will say that I have great/sensitive hearing..so sometimes I put the ear muffs on for the shopvac too..so it could all be relative...I think it`s loud, although I don`t know how it compares to the others.. I think the little green is loud as well..

Envious Eric
01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
hmmmm something I need to look into...the lgm is decent, but I want something that doesnt take me 6 passes to clean up....i guess I will have to bite the bullet sometime soon

Bbasso
01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Oh good, I`m like half deaf... something not to joke about but with my past jobs working as sound tech for clubs and raves back in the early 90s I lost way too much :(

I bet this does not even bother me then :P

imported_rydawg
01-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info lightman!

n2_space
02-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Let us know how it goes further in the future, I have been eyeing this one for a couple of months, might get one this year :)

imported_Lightman
02-02-2007, 05:20 PM
n2space will do, maybe in a couple months... as I said, so far (after about 4 uses) I`m extremely impressed with this machine...with the limited basis of comparison being my experience with the LGPH...however with what I know now and my experience with it, I don`t see the need or much more benefit as they relate to auto detailing/extracting out of a bigger/more powerful machine than the 8070, unless you`re talking about high volume use.

joe.p
02-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Great Review.

Thanks for taking the time to inform us :2thumbs:

imported_Lightman
03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey guys :) Just thought I`d pop in with a little update. Still extremely pleased, this thing is still kicking A!

gmblack3
04-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey guys :) Just thought I`d pop in with a little update. Still extremely pleased, this thing is still kicking A!

Thanks for the update!

So how long does yours take to heat up if you put tap water in it?

I am thinking of picking on up. Found a local source for $730+tax.

imported_Lightman
04-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I`ve only put cold filtered water in it for what that`s worth, and I can`t say I`ve timed it. If I know I`m going to use it I typically fill and turn it on before I start mixing chemicals, vacuuming, or carpet cleaning. I also really like to wait for it to get super hot etc...I`d say maybe 15-20 mins?

I will say that just like the LGPH (although less so) if you`re not spraying water pretty consistently, the temp of the water sitting in the hoses drops..so I typically spray into a bucket or somewhere else and onto my hand to feel the temp, and return to the carpet when it`s really scalding.

Warning to past LGPH users..I know the water gets hot in that machine and starts to burn your hand a bit as you test for readyness...but be REALLY careful with this machine and others of its caliber..the water is WAAAAY hotter and you can burn yourself badly. Gloves are a good idea.

Gmblack3a - I don`t think you`ll regret your purchase at all, it`s a really solid machine. My biggest fear when `shopping specs` was the lower published lift number of 85" compared to some of the similarly priced machines...but once I got it and started using it, the vacuum seems VERY strong, plenty for my use..I`d be afraid that if I had a much stronger vaccum I`d start damaging/pulling up upholstery/carpet. Go for it and report back when you try it out! :)