PDA

View Full Version : Question on AJT application?

BMW335i
01-28-2007, 03:49 PM
I just applied it over the car with a foam Microfiber pad. Now I am going to do the final buff. Is this correct? I want to make sure I am not just rubbing off all my protection on the final buff.

Scottwax
01-28-2007, 04:07 PM
You applied Trigger with a pad? Why? You spray it on a section at a time, spread with a mf towel, then flip the towel for a final wipe.

Did you not read the directions on the bottle or the website?

JEFFS Werkstatt: the finest in automotive detailing wax and sealants (http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/acrylic-jett-trigger.php)

Directions:

1. PREPARE: Surface should be cool, clean, and well prepped.

2. APPLY: Spray a small amount of Jett either directly onto the surface or onto a quality microfiber towel. Less is more; only a small amount of product is required. One spray per body panel is often sufficient.

3. SPREAD: Using very light pressure, use the microfiber towel to spread the Jett evenly across a small section of the car.

4. BUFF: Continue buffing the Jett with the microfiber towel while still wet. Use very light pressure and continue until the surface is clear and free of residue. Switch to a dry section of towel for the final pass to ensure a streak free shine.

BMW335i
01-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Actually, if you have the bottle, in the yellow box it says microfiber or foam pad. I used a MICROFIBER pad. Did I mess it up?

I just went back over it with a MF towel and did one spritz per panel and rubbed it in until clear.

I just got confused because there are TWO sets of directions on the bottle. This was my first detail ever so I am allowed to make mistakes (hopefully not too much).

What is the downside of using too much AJT? How many coats (and how long should I wait between coats) can I put?

Scottwax
01-28-2007, 08:27 PM
No real problem using too much other than it takes longer to remove and wastes product. Both AJ and AJT are easier to use if you apply and remove them a panel at a time.

Are you sure you are talking about Acrylic Jett Trigger (AJT) or the regular Acrylic Jett? The main advantage of Trigger is the spray and wipe application. It works conventionally too, but it means more work.

20 minutes in between coats. Two are enough, basically to ensure complete coverage.

thesacrifice
01-28-2007, 08:31 PM
What is the downside of using too much AJT?

$$$$$$$$ :nervous:

ALTANertive
01-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Actually, if you have the bottle, in the yellow box it says microfiber or foam pad.

Read lower. The Trigger has separate instructions on the bottom.

BMW335i
01-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Read lower. The Trigger has separate instructions on the bottom.

It boggles my mind why they would have two sets of directions on the bottle where one of them does not apply to the product..

Scottwax
01-29-2007, 07:06 PM
It boggles my mind why they would have two sets of directions on the bottle where one of them does not apply to the product..

You can apply Trigger conventionally but the whole purpose of the product was to make it sprayable. Not sure why it would have two sets of directions though but the sprayer should have made it pretty obvious which set of instructions to follow.

Either way is fine, but spraying is faster and easier.

ALTANertive
01-29-2007, 11:41 PM

AJT was originally a special edition product. After great reception, they decided to keep it in their regular product line. The makeshift instructions just remained too.