PDA

View Full Version : more agressive than z-pc

Tommy W.
01-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey,

Used z-pc with a PC on my 02 black Turbo Carerra and loved that stuff!

However, I may need to go a little more agressive next time.

What is the next most agressive product out there?

Also, followed up with z-5 pro and topped with Nattys. :wow:

what would be the best QD to use over the Natty`s?

As always, thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tw

imported_DieselMDX
01-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Optimum compound and optimum hyper compound

Over natty fk425?

Scottwax
01-27-2007, 08:47 PM
I agree, the Optimum line of polishes are excellent!

imported_DieselMDX
01-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Lol learned it from watching you Scott

wannafbody
01-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi Temp Extreme Cut or heavy cut

Eliot Ness
01-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Another vote for the Optimum polishes since they are so easy to use.

For a QD I like Quik Shine (http://store.danase.com/clqush1.html) or PB`s S&G (http://store.danase.com/powospandgl1.html).

imported_Dave1
01-27-2007, 09:52 PM
I agree, the Optimum line of polishes are excellent!

Where would Menzerna IP fall in comparison with the Optimum line with your experience....?

gmblack3
01-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi Temp Extreme Cut or heavy cut

HTEC is gonna be a little "heavy" for the soft porsche black clear.

I used the HTEC/OP mix on this Black Porsche Twin Turbo (http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/83330-porsche-twin-turbo-black-zpc-z5pro.html) and a orange pad via PC and it left to much micromarring IMO. I ended up with ZPC and a white LC pad via PC.

Tommy, How bad was your paint to start with and what pads did try?

Post up some pics! :cool:

gmblack3
01-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Where would Menzerna IP fall in comparison with the Optimum line with your experience....?

IMO IP has a little bit more cut then OP.

Tommy W.
01-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Tommy, How bad was your paint to start with and what pads did try?

Post up some pics! :cool:

Actually the paint was pretty good. The car looks absolutely stunning except in the harshest of direct sunlight. As far as pads, I used the most agressive one that comes with the Sonus kit (orange). This was on a 5 setting on the pc. This got most of it out.

Thanks!!

TW :thx

imported_GregCavi
01-28-2007, 11:39 AM
You could always use a higher cut pad with the zpc. for instance:

ZPC with light cut or heavy cut followed by ZPC with polishing or finishing pad.

You can`t go wrong with the optimum line if you want a bit more cut, and also the hi temp cut`s are nice.

Greg

Tommy W.
01-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Would the Optimum polish or compound be better as far as slightly more agressive than z-pc?

tw:thx

imported_agentf1
01-28-2007, 01:15 PM
All of the plishes mentioned above are nice but I prefer 3m 05933 or one of the Menzerna polishes like IP. I have also had good luck with PB 2.5.

imported_memnuts
01-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Actually the paint was pretty good. The car looks absolutely stunning except in the harshest of direct sunlight. As far as pads, I used the most agressive one that comes with the Sonus kit (orange). This was on a 5 setting on the pc. This got most of it out.

Thanks!!

TW :thx

I agree with Greg.

You might try a more aggressive pad. I like the burgundy Meguiar`s or LC cutting pad with mild polishes (IP or Meg`s Light Cut) followed by a polishing pad ( Meg`s or LC) with Z-PC Fusion when using a PC to bring out that final gloss and depth. Don`t be afraid to turn that PC up to 6.

Menzerna IP is slightly more aggressive than Z-PC and its level of aggressiveness can also to adjusted by pad selection and pressure applied during polishing.

wannafbody
01-28-2007, 10:34 PM
ZPC is pretty effective with an orange pad- and it leaves a nice finish.