PDA

View Full Version : Critique my pricing menu!

whitejavaS500
01-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey guys check out my menu, feel free to add any advice!

Shine & Vac Wash Combo (recommended bi-weekly)

• Complete hand wash of vehicle using sheepskin mitts and a pH balanced shampoo

• Wheel brake dust removal, tires and wheel wells cleaned and dressed

• Dry with Microfiber towels, clean all exterior glass.

• Full vacuum and wipe down interior.

-Cars: $25 -Full-size sedans, pickups, small SUVs: $30 -Large SUVs: $35-$40

Bronze Detail (recommended bi-monthly)

• All of Shine & Vac

• Hand application of carnauba wax / extra long lasting polymer sealant (+$5)

• Carpets spot shampooed, all plastic & Vinyl cleaned and dressed with Protectant

• Cleaning of doorjambs and cracks and crevices

-Cars: $50 -Full-size sedans, pickups, small SUVs: $60 -Large SUVs: $75-90

Gold Detail (recommended every 3-6 months)

• All of Bronze Detail

• Spot claying of paint to remove embedded contaminants to make a smooth as glass paint finish.

• Machine applied paint cleaner

• Hand application Paint Protectant

• Full interior shampoo

• Leather cleaning & conditioning

-Cars: $75 -Full-size sedans, pickups, small SUVs: $90 -Large SUVs: $110-130

--Platinum Showroom Detail (recommended 1-2 times a year or before selling)â€â€

• All of Gold Detail

• Complete deep wheel& wheel well cleaning

• Total vehicle clay

• 3 step machine buffing process to remove scratches, marring, and swirl marks and bring back that showroom shine

• Hand application of Paint Sealant, topped with a layer of carnauba wax

• Complete interior deep clean, all porous surfaces conditioned

• Glass polished

• Engine cleaned and dressed

-Cars: $135-150 -Full-size sedans, pickups, small SUVs: $140-175 -Large SUVs: $160-200

Add-on Services

- Leather Cleaning and Conditioning: $25 -Hand Wax: $35-60 -Quick Detail Spray: $5

- EXTRA high quality carnauba wax: +$15-20 -ZAINO System: +$20-40 -Matt Shampoo: $2per

** Prices subject to change with vehicle condition. Final price will be estimated on detail day.

Thanks in advance!

Envious Eric
01-27-2007, 09:50 PM
yeah your prices suck!!!! LOL :buffing:

are you really going to do a 3 step on a car, full clay, full interior, glass polishing, full engine for 135 bucks....dont you think you are undercutting your market too much????? that is easily 200+ no matter where you are at....thats a lot of work...

based on my timing...

glass polishing - 45 min - 1 hour

3 step polishing - 4-5 hours

clay - 1 hour

full interior - 1-2 hours

wheel cleaning/polishing - 1 hour

wash - 20 min

too low of a wage for me to operate...

RTexasF
01-27-2007, 10:09 PM
I think they need an upward adjustment also. I detail part time at my home and those rates are too low for me to even consider.

Superior Shine
01-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Can you make money at those prices?? If not raise them. If so then keep them. It really is that simple.

whitejavaS500
01-27-2007, 11:31 PM
My father and I share a username. I`m only 15 years old, and people seem to take that as a reason my work would be a bit less costly, which I guess in some perspectives is good because my prices are competitive, but its because their expectations are lower. By no means am I just getting started, I have worked with the PC for 3 years and the Rotary 2, and add in all the tricks I`ve learned on this board, I put out a finished product like no place around here. Whenever I do a full detail (i.e., this Lincoln LS I just didhttp://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/84214-2004-lincoln-ls-v8-grey-black.html) the customer is in complete and total disbelief of what their car looks like. Ughh I dont know what to do. Any advice? :faint:

P.S. I have bought every single product I own with the only exception being my PC, which my parents gor me for XMas.

imported_hooked
01-27-2007, 11:41 PM
I`m not a pro, but if you have confidence that your work is top notch, then don`t undervalue yourself. If the prices are too low, people are going to lump you in with the kid down the street that goes around with a bucket, his mom`s towels and dishwashing liquid. Do some research to see what other detailers charge in your area and price accordingly. Good luck.

Envious Eric
01-28-2007, 01:02 AM
^^^^^^^ agreed

Scottwax
01-28-2007, 02:14 AM
Figure out how much money you need to make an hour vs how long each job will take to determine your price starting point. Then factor in what other detailers are getting in your area and you can probably adjust your prices to make sure you are in the top end range. Competing on price is a great way to make you hate detailing because someone will always undercut you.

imported_mirrorfinishman
01-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Ben,

You may want to consider keeping your pricing a bit more simple. You can do this by taking away some of the the choices and lumping things together. That is always a good way to get the maximum out of the services you are offering. And it also helps customers have a better understanding of exactly what it is you can do for them. For example:

SHINE & VAC COMBO (recommended bi-weekly)

• Complete hand wash of vehicle using sheepskin mitts and a pH balanced shampoo

• Wheel brake dust removal, tires and wheel wells cleaned and dressed

• Dry with Microfiber towels, clean all exterior glass.

• Full vacuum and wipe down interior.

-Cars, Trucks, SUVs; - Small: $25, Mid-Size $35, Large: $45

GOLD DETAIL (recommended every 3 months)

• All of Shine & Vac

• Carpets spot shampooed, all plastic & Vinyl cleaned and dressed with Protectant

• Cleaning of doorjambs and cracks and crevices

• Spot clay paint to remove embedded contaminants to make a smooth paint finish.

• Machine applied paint cleaner

• Hand application Paint Protectant

-Cars, Trucks, SUVs; - Small: $75, Mid-Size $95, Large: $115

PLATINUM SHOWROOM DETAIL (recommended every 6 months)

• All of Gold Detail

• Complete deep wheels & wheel well cleaning

• Total vehicle clay

• 3 step machine buffing process to remove scratches, marring, and swirl marks and bring back that showroom shine

• Hand application of Paint Sealant, topped with a layer of EXTRA high quality carnauba wax

• Complete interior deep clean, all porous surfaces conditioned

• Glass polished

• Engine cleaned and dressed

• ZAINO System add $40 (optional)

• Hand application of EXTRA high quality carnauba wax add $20 (optional)

• Leather cleaning & conditioning add $20 (optional)

-Cars, Trucks, SUVs; - Small: $135, Mid-Size $155, Large: $175

Charisma
01-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Honestly, your first few prices are good; but then you get to the Gold and Platinum details and you are seriously underpricing yourself! You will be working some long hours to do those jobs and will be unsatisfied with the pay from them.