PDA

View Full Version : Auto Boutiques around LA

Taubs
01-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know of any Auto Boutiques around LA where I will be able to pickup some detailing stuff - Sonus, Zaino etc.. while in town next weekend?

Thanks

danforz
01-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Chemical Guys store is by LAX... I`d love to know of more places though

LastDetail
01-27-2007, 07:32 PM
I too live in SoCal, unfortunately there are few places to physically go and buy the more exotic products. Your best bet would be a paint store that sells auto paint and body work products. I happen to know that the Porsche dealership on Lakewood Blvd. in Long Beach sells the Klasse twins and that the Super Autobacs on Beach Blvd. in Huntington Beach also sells some pretty rare stuff. Other than that it`s pretty much ordering from the internet then waiting with baited breath for the UPS guy.

JiggleRacing
01-27-2007, 08:39 PM
chemical guys on Century Blvd sells their stuff, smartwax, and microfiber towels.

Bob G
01-27-2007, 08:48 PM
I carry a few products of quality that are used in my detail shop. let me know what your looking for . I offer free training and advice for each product I sell.

Bob Geco`s Auto Appearance Care

3728 Overland Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90034

310-839-8337

Quality detailing since 1970

BlackElantraGT
01-27-2007, 09:48 PM
I too live in SoCal, unfortunately there are few places to physically go and buy the more exotic products. Your best bet would be a paint store that sells auto paint and body work products. I happen to know that the Porsche dealership on Lakewood Blvd. in Long Beach sells the Klasse twins and that the Super Autobacs on Beach Blvd. in Huntington Beach also sells some pretty rare stuff. Other than that it`s pretty much ordering from the internet then waiting with baited breath for the UPS guy.

^ What he said

BTW, Super Autobacs is on Beach Blvd, but it`s in Stanton. If you`re in HB looking for this place, then you know you`ve gone too far south. I don`t think their stuff is necessarily considered boutique, but they do have a wider selection than any other retail place. It`s the only auto store I know of where you can walk in and purchase a G100 (Meguiar`s rebranded PC) and Meguiars backing plates and pads. Of course you won`t get the G100`s lifetime warranty though because of Meguiar`s stupid warranty policy.

Taubs
01-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks all for the responses. Can I just goto the Chemical Guys store and pickup some supplies or do I still need to order online?

Thanks

imported_TheFiveO
01-29-2007, 05:05 PM
You can go right to their showroom/factory. Ask for Paul. He is an awesome guy to deal with.

Asonyexec
01-29-2007, 06:55 PM
chemical guys carries their line of product which would be considered by most to be specialty products. I work nearby and have stopped in on a few occassions, all very nice guys to deal with and will take the time to inform you on how their product(s) work and should be used.

They are hard to find although off a main street, they are in a older business park type of place that is deep rather than wide - look for the AUTO DETAIL sandwich board sign. Here are some basic directions:

1. take 105 W

2. exit crenshaw

3. turn right onto crenshaw @ the end of the off ramp

4. take crenshaw up about 4 miles

5. hook a left onto century

6. head down about 1.0 miles

7. after you pass the shopping area start looking to your left

8. hollywood park (race track) parking lot is to your right so nothing there

9. look for the sign in the business park (like i said, it`s deep not wide so look close)

10. drive all the way toward the rear of the business park and they are on the right side

Excellent prices.

STG
01-31-2007, 03:53 AM
105 west to 405 N off at Century Blvd.

dawiyo
01-31-2007, 06:37 AM
Holy crap Bob G, I live at Venice & Hughes. I`m definately gonna have to come by and visit sometime!

medic159
02-01-2007, 11:59 AM
For Zaino:

Ira Emus

LA Zaino

2560 Centinela Ave. #6

Los Angeles, CA 90064

310-478-4092

JiggleRacing
02-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Chemical Guys is across from Hollywood Park. Every time I went to the track I intended to stop by but never did. :hmph: