PDA

View Full Version : Topping Aj

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Malachi
01-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Are you guys putting Carnuba on top of Aj. I used to do it with Klasse.

I ordered my Prime Strong and Aj yesterday and I was planning to top it with 1Z WaxpolishSoft.

(Menzerna FPII+Prime Strong+Aj+1ZWPS)

TIA

clnfrk
01-26-2007, 11:15 PM
On my own personal car I top with carnauba. My car is a light color and I can`t say that I really noticed a difference by topping, but the extra protection couldn`t hurt. If your car is light colored, most here will agree that there is no need to top AJ.

imported_Malachi
01-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Are the non-toppers former Klasse toppers? My car is silver.

Super_Herb
01-27-2007, 12:11 AM
I topped with Klasse and now I top with AJ. Dark colors, imho, benefit with a wax topper. Light colors.......I think it`s more the sacrificial protection that wax offers that I like. The look alone isn`t really worth it, as AJ is just fine on its own.

3Dog
01-27-2007, 01:25 AM
If I am not mistaken WSP has cleaners/abrasives in it. I would check to be sure before topping it over AJ.

Scottwax
01-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Unless someone specifically requests a topper, I leave AJ as is.

imported_NHBFAN
01-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Yes, I top AJ with AJT.

Macko
01-27-2007, 09:08 AM
I top with CJT - love it.

spotter
01-27-2007, 09:53 AM
At one time I topped the Klasse Twins with carnauba but the last few years I have not. So far on my silver car I have only topped AJT with more AJT. I will probably try topping it with OCW when the weather warms up.

imported_smprince1
01-27-2007, 10:17 AM
I "top" AJ with AJT too .... give it a refresher application every 6 weeks or so.

Super easy, and looks great on my grey metallic.

First_Place
01-27-2007, 10:31 AM
1Z has a new Glanz Wax with Carnuba that is non-abrasive.

imported_NHBFAN
01-27-2007, 10:46 AM

Welcome to Autopia, First_Place.

I read that a new Glanz formula was coming on the 1z usa website.

Although it may not contain abrasives, it may be heavy in solvents and could still "compromise" AJ.

Guess we`ll see when it gets here.

imported_Malachi
01-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Yes, welcome.

I guess I have the old GW since I have had it for several years.

I was gong to top with WPS to give the look some depth, which is what I thought the Klasse application needed.

Are you guys telling me that Aj not only protects with a great looking finish, but that the finish also gives the paint depth?

imported_Malachi
01-27-2007, 04:24 PM
I "top" AJ with AJT too .... give it a refresher application every 6 weeks or so.

Super easy, and looks great on my grey metallic.

I was planning to use Sonus AG/AS to help the Aj last.

First_Place
01-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I have become partial to the 1z products. Have you considered using the Metallic Wax? Topped with the new Glanz it should give a great result. These also will give you good protection that lasts. If you use a mild wax friendly shampoo you could possibly refinish with a detail spray and microfiber towel instead of doing a full detail the next time you are due. Hope this helps.