PDA

View Full Version : Armor All Tire Foam for engine bay?

mikebai1990
01-26-2007, 04:29 PM
I was reading Justin`s post on his new tire regimen after finding that my Walmart finally stocked up on some Armor All foam. He mentioned that he uses it for engine bays as well. I was wondering whether I should use the tire foam before the degreaser (Simple Green) or after the degreaser.

Also, I was wondering whether the tire foam will cause any problems with the belts inside the car.

BlackElantraGT
01-26-2007, 05:19 PM
I would guess that you would degrease first, and after it`s clean the foam will dress the engine bay.

I would also avoid getting any dressing on the actual belts because you don`t want them to start slipping or anything.

justin30513
01-26-2007, 05:20 PM
I`ve used it both ways. If it`s really dirty, use the degreaser first. Since I keep my own pretty clean, I just spray it down with the foam once a month. I then come back in 20 minutes and wipe it down with a MF mitt.

This stuff really cleans. I have not had one problem with the belts. If anything, the silicone in the foam will condition them.

mikebai1990
01-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks. I was also worried that the dressing would cause major slipping with the belts. No worries, I`ll cover those areas up, then. It`s way too cold recently, so I`m probably gonna have to wait till spring comes around to do the engine detail.

One more question: With the Armor All, can I spray everything (metal, rubber hoses, plastic)?

justin30513
01-26-2007, 05:28 PM
One more question: With the Armor All, can I spray everything (metal, rubber hoses, plastic)?

I do. Just wipe it down after you let it bake with hood closed and engine on for 20 minutes.

I promise you will be surprised when you open it up and look in!

mikebai1990
01-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I sure I`ll be amazed :) Thanks for the help.

coupe
01-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Why do people over complicate these things?

justin30513
01-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Why do people over complicate these things?

What are you talking about?

paul34
01-27-2007, 01:02 AM
I sure I`ll be amazed :) Thanks for the help.

Definitely! I use this same exact way with my engine bay and really love it. And also... my bay was relatively new, and I was still impressed with the way it turned out. Dressing the engine bay makes a big difference, IMHO :)

Mach30SiR
01-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I`ve tried this method before also. Not only does the tire foam clean as good as a lot of degreasers, its very quick. If its too shiney when your done, give it a quick wipe down and it will matte the finish.