PDA

View Full Version : Polycharger?

shadybreal
01-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Who`s already used it, and how do you like it? I read something about it on autogeek this morning. I`m curious to try it in a quick detailing spray. Anyone have any experience w/ it use w/ various QD`s? Thanks!

mikebai1990
01-26-2007, 12:48 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/polycharger/

shadybreal
01-26-2007, 01:39 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/polycharger/

I know it`s been discussed a lot on here, but I was just hoping for a quick reply from members using it in a QD. Thanks!

imported_mburnickas
01-26-2007, 01:55 PM
I was thinking about getting a bottle of H20.

thesacrifice
01-26-2007, 06:54 PM
anyone tried it with aquawax? if it added more than a mild improvement to aquawax, I`d be willing to try it.

jmillican
01-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I`m wondering what it could so for Z6. Anybody try it?

roybiggens
01-26-2007, 07:13 PM
I was lucky enough to be one of the beta testers for both Polycharger products. Simply put, there`s definitely something to them.

I mainly tested the PC for sealants (CH2) with Menzerna FMJ and Zaino Z5 and really liked it in both cases. Incredible slickness and added a wet look especially to the FMJ. My personal car (06 Black Acura TL) was coated with Polycharged FMJ late in October. One coat only, since then I`ve not applied any "booster" waxes or sprays. I`ve washed it several times by hand and I`ve run it through several touch-free car washes. While it`s not as slick as it originally was it still beads water like nobody`s business and when clean it still looks like the stuff was just applied.

My wife`s car (06 VW Beetle) has had pretty much the the same treatment except it was coated with polycharged Z5. It has however had several coats of "booster" wax applied. The booster I`m using on it is Zaino Z-6 with Polycharger H20 mixed in it. A quick wipe with this combo and it`s slick as all get out and it looks great.

Personally I love the polycharged Z6 combination. It`s pretty much replaced Z8 for me. Z8 has always been finicky far as streaking and application but when done right the stuff looks and feels great. Straight Z6 on the other hand isn`t quite as slick and doesn`t seem to add quite as much "pop" but I`ve always liked it because it applies so easily. What I found was when I added polycharger to the Z6 it seemed to suddenly have everything. Still just as easy to use but now it felt and looked like Z8. For me that`s a combination I can`t beat.

I guess you can say I like the stuff :lol

Gen2
01-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Anybody tried Polycharger with JW Acrylic Jett Trigger ? I understand that when Polycharger is added to LSP, we must finish using the mixture in 48 hours but when added to QD, this rule doesn`t apply. So for AJT do we need to finish using the mixture in 48 hours ?

jmillican
01-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I was lucky enough to be one of the beta testers for both Polycharger products. Simply put, there`s definitely something to them.

I mainly tested the PC for sealants (CH2) with Menzerna FMJ and Zaino Z5 and really liked it in both cases. Incredible slickness and added a wet look especially to the FMJ. My personal car (06 Black Acura TL) was coated with Polycharged FMJ late in October. One coat only, since then I`ve not applied any "booster" waxes or sprays. I`ve washed it several times by hand and I`ve run it through several touch-free car washes. While it`s not as slick as it originally was it still beads water like nobody`s business and when clean it still looks like the stuff was just applied.

My wife`s car (06 VW Beetle) has had pretty much the the same treatment except it was coated with polycharged Z5. It has however had several coats of "booster" wax applied. The booster I`m using on it is Zaino Z-6 with Polycharger H20 mixed in it. A quick wipe with this combo and it`s slick as all get out and it looks great.

Personally I love the polycharged Z6 combination. It`s pretty much replaced Z8 for me. Z8 has always been finicky far as streaking and application but when done right the stuff looks and feels great. Straight Z6 on the other hand isn`t quite as slick and doesn`t seem to add quite as much "pop" but I`ve always liked it because it applies so easily. What I found was when I added polycharger to the Z6 it seemed to suddenly have everything. Still just as easy to use but now it felt and looked like Z8. For me that`s a combination I can`t beat.

I guess you can say I like the stuff :lol

Did you find there to be a shelf life problem? Can I just put the Polycharger in some Z6 and keep using it until I run out? I saw somewhere that the liquid polishes get thick if not used within 48 hours, if I recall correctly.

Gen2
01-27-2007, 09:30 PM
This is what I get from Autogeek web site,

When mixing sprays, remove the sprayer and add the proper dosing of Polycharger. There are no shelf life concerns with boosting detailing sprays, so Polycharger can be added directly to the original product bottle. Put the cap back on the spray bottle and shake well. Shake again before each use.

I am wondering does it applies to AJT too since it is also a spray on sealant. Anybody ?

imported_flatstick
01-27-2007, 09:40 PM
[quote name=`Gen2`]This is what I get from Autogeek web site,

When mixing sprays, remove the sprayer and add the proper dosing of Polycharger. There are no shelf life concerns with boosting detailing sprays, so Polycharger can be added directly to the original product bottle. Put the cap back on the spray bottle and shake well. Shake again before each use.

I am wondering does it applies to AJT too since it is also a spray on sealant. Anybody ?

I have included a link for the polycharger release thread below for you. looks like the shelf life is 90 days maybe a little more. that works for me. mix up an ounce or two and I am set for use on customers cars for the next 90 days or so. will have to try it first on one of my rides to check it out of course :laugh: here is a link to the thread, look about 1/4 way down the page for #27 .

http://autopia.org/forum/polycharger/82943-polycharger-release-3.html

Gen2
01-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the link and the information, if that`s the case than I might order some to give it a try.

SDLexus
01-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Anybody tried Polycharger with JW Acrylic Jett Trigger ? I understand that when Polycharger is added to LSP, we must finish using the mixture in 48 hours but when added to QD, this rule doesn`t apply. So for AJT do we need to finish using the mixture in 48 hours ?

I didn`t test the polycharger, just the RDF, but from what I understand for AJT you would use the H20 version. There are no issues with shelf life if using the H20 version so you would not have to use it all up within 48 hours.

There is a forum here dedicated to polycharger, I`m sure the definitive answer is in there.