PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Pad That Comes With Makita

^&04types
01-25-2007, 10:01 AM
does anyone know how good the polishing pad that comes with the makita 9227cx3 is? im referring to the white pad. i wont be getting my 5 in backing plate in time and just wondering if this white pad that comes with it is sufficient enuff for the time being. how good is it in regards to paint correction? thanks everyone

^&04types
01-25-2007, 01:07 PM
c`mon geizzzzzzzzzzzzz. help?:secret

imported_JoshVette
01-25-2007, 01:23 PM
I just got a Makita also. Mine came with what looks like a Wool pad and also with a bonnet pad

^&04types
01-25-2007, 01:24 PM
guys we need help.... DONT CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA......

^&04types
01-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Bumpity Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!

imported_Frugle
01-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I wouldn`t use it, but that`s just me. kind of like the pad that comes with the PC... it`s just so they can say it comes with a pad.

BigJimZ28
01-26-2007, 11:12 AM
What pad is it?

a wool pad?(sorry my makita is like 13 years old so I don`t remeber)

if it is a wool pad it has a lot of cut and you will need to do two or three

more polishing steps after it to remove the marks that it WILL

put in your paint.

but if you have a very messed up car you will need it

if it is a foam pad, sorry I can`t help

Junebug
01-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Original poster, you be talking wool pads - a topic not discussed much around here except to point out how serious of a cutting pad they are. I just bought a Makita too and the pads look fine. I`m just waiting on the beater that the owner doesn`t care too much about before I see how they work and even then, I`ll use the polishing pad with just polish (not compound) and not go over 1200 rpm. And before a couple of you get your thong in a knot, I want to add that when I experiment on a car - I have an agreement with the owner, there is no charge, and he or she was looking at getting it repainted anyway. Win Win situation.