PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna PO106FF / Blackfire SRCFP

simracer
01-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Hey all,

From the rave reviews I`ve read for Menzerna`s PO106FF as a finishing polish, I was interested in trying some. But for $50 for 32oz, I was interesting in finding a smaller size to fit my budget.

From what I can gather from searching, the Blackfire SRCFP is essentially Menzerna PO106FF with some additional oils to increase work time. Half the product for a little more than half the price of PO106FF.

My questions are as follows:

1. I can`t recall if PO106FF was prone to dusting, but I was curious if the Blackfire product also dusted and if so, how much?

2. Is the Blackfire SRCFP surface ready for sealant or does it require an iso. alcohol wash to remove any oils before applying sealant?

3. Is Blackfire best used with a white Lake Country pad or can it be used successfully with orange Lake Country pads as well?

Thanks guys! Just to let you all know, I`ll be applying it with a PC.

Bigpoppa3346
01-23-2007, 04:09 PM
1. The Blackfire does dust a little, but it is manageable.

2. IMO, it leaves a sealant ready surface, although some ultra-finiky sealants(ie. Zaino) might need an IPA wipe down.

3. I have only used it on a white and it worked well. I always get micromarring/hazing when I use *anything* on an orange, so if you were to do that I would follow up with a white.

Thomas Dekany
01-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Hey all,

From the rave reviews I`ve read for Menzerna`s PO106FF as a finishing polish, I was interested in trying some. But for $50 for 32oz, I was interesting in finding a smaller size to fit my budget.

From what I can gather from searching, the Blackfire SRCFP is essentially Menzerna PO106FF with some additional oils to increase work time. Half the product for a little more than half the price of PO106FF.

My questions are as follows:

1. I can`t recall if PO106FF was prone to dusting, but I was curious if the Blackfire product also dusted and if so, how much?

2. Is the Blackfire SRCFP surface ready for sealant or does it require an iso. alcohol wash to remove any oils before applying sealant?

3. Is Blackfire best used with a white Lake Country pad or can it be used successfully with orange Lake Country pads as well?

Thanks guys! Just to let you all know, I`ll be applying it with a PC.

the 106 - a very little goes a very long way. If you only detail your own car get the blackfire version.

sspeer
01-23-2007, 04:21 PM
I used an orange LC pad with FPII on my last poilsh job (on black) and I didn`t get any marring.

But I picked up a Greeen LC-CCS pad for my next polish with SRCFP since that is what was recommended (just as the FPII and Orange was)

simracer
01-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys,

Just to let you know, I have a `98 BMW 328i. From what I`ve read, BMWs seems to have a fairly hard clear, so I don`t know if I`d need to use an orange or perhaps try one of the green LC pads from Proper Auto Care or what. Just not sure if white will do much for it, but perhaps it would be enough for finishing purposes.

Thomas Dekany
01-23-2007, 05:32 PM
you have to be aggressive with bmw paint. Yellow pad may work. orange/green is not abrasive enough. what color car?

simracer
01-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Arctic Silver if I remember correctly.

Thomas Dekany
01-23-2007, 06:26 PM
you will be ok with green/orange, unless the paint is in ruff shape.

Cleaning Fool
01-23-2007, 08:29 PM
As long as you switch pads Blackfire doesnt dust a whole lot, if you let your pads cake up it will start to dust. I usually use 3 pads per car.

Accumulator
01-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Just to let you know, I have a `98 BMW 328i. From what I`ve read, BMWs seems to have a fairly hard clear, so I don`t know if I`d need to use an orange or perhaps try one of the green LC pads from Proper Auto Care or what. Just not sure if white will do much for it, but perhaps it would be enough for finishing purposes.

FWIW my `97 M3 (previous owner`s year-round daily driver, not awful but not nice by "Autopian standards") is taking a *LONG* time with the rotary/orange/H-T EC. Goes a little quicker with LC yellow pads. If you`re working by PC I`d sure expect to need a mighty aggressive combo.

Sorry, can`t help with the final polishing Q as I haven`t gotten to that point yet.