PDA

View Full Version : $5 Million Cobra & Meguiar`s

Pages : [1] 2 3

STG
01-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Harley Cluxton called Meguiar`s to detail and prep CSX3015 (Super Snake) for the Barrett-Jackson auction where it sold for $5 million plus fees. (There`s a thread with photos on MOL.)

After reading about all these boutique products here on Autopia, I find it amazing he decided to go with Meg`s instead of Sal Zaino, et al. I guess Cluxton should have checked the new Zaino release thread, huh?

velobard
01-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Meguiars makes some fine products. With the right skills I`m sure they were able to make it looks great, even to the Autopian eye.

I didn`t see the Cobra cross the auction block but I did see plenty of others, from hologrammed Chevys to the beautiful finishes on the cars from Chip Foose.

BobD
01-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Meguiar`s has the marketing hype and have been around for years and years. Not to mention they are huge sponsors of the BJ Auction. Believe it or not, some people outside of autopians think that Meguiar`s is the only thing out there. ;)

Dan
01-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Prep Prep Prep is what makes a paint job look great. Its readily apparent that meguiars believes in prep, look at their line(s). What does Zaino do for prep? ZPC? Meguiars also makes some great LSP`s that many like.

mose
01-23-2007, 01:12 PM
What`s MOL? I need to see a car that sold for 5 million

imported_steveo3002
01-23-2007, 01:19 PM

its meguiarsonline..meguiars own forum, as you might expect its all about meguairs , theyre not open to discuss other brands or any downfalls with meguiars products

thats one thing i like about autopia, david doesnt step in and get upset if we talk about products that autopia doesnt sell:2thumbs:

coupe
01-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Prep Prep Prep is what makes a paint job look great. Its readily apparent that meguiars believes in prep, look at their line(s). What does Zaino do for prep? ZPC? Meguiars also makes some great LSP`s that many like.

Ditto, they made the right choice if their only options where megs or zaino imo.

Scottwax
01-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Meguiars has excellent professional level products and in the right hands can make a car look amazing. With proper prep, you can do the same with most product lines.

velobard
01-23-2007, 02:22 PM

It was Shelby`s own personal Shelby, built up to 800 hp. That explains why the interest was so high.

STG
01-23-2007, 02:27 PM
its meguiarsonline..meguiars own forum, as you might expect its all about meguairs , theyre not open to discuss other brands or any downfalls with meguiars products

thats one thing i like about autopia, david doesnt step in and get upset if we talk about products that autopia doesnt sell:2thumbs:

You are completely wrong. You can certainly discuss other brands on MOL. And, you can ***** about Meguiar`s. Plenty of people did when #21 was seperating in the bottle and I personally had a knock down argument on the site with Brian Hann from customer service about the warranty on Meguiar`s GP100 (PC).

STG
01-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Meguiar`s has the marketing hype and have been around for years and years. Not to mention they are huge sponsors of the BJ Auction. Believe it or not, some people outside of autopians think that Meguiar`s is the only thing out there. ;)

Geez, what does Harley Cluxton have to do with Meguair`s sponsorship of B-J? Cluxton is a a car collector. He could have had anybody prep his car.

Look up how may class winners at Pebble Beach use Meguiar`s. Are you going to tell me these guys spend millions restoring theire cars and use Meg`s just because Barry puts up a Banner on the golf course?

Are you saying that guys like Harley Cluxton and the owners/restorers of Pebble Beach class winners are ignorant of better products in the marketplace? How many Pebble Beach winners use Zaino anyway?

imported_DieselMDX
01-23-2007, 02:46 PM
just checkes it out, great car and alot of money

i just purchased 21 and looking forward to trying it out

gmblack3
01-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Do you think this car would of went for less money if the LSP was pledge?

TortoiseAWD
01-23-2007, 05:11 PM
So what, exactly, is the purpose of this thread? Because it looks to me like somone is just trying to stir up crap between Meg`s users and Zaino users, and taking a couple of weak shots at Zaino in the process . . . "Pebble Beach winners use Meg`s not Zaino, neener neener sputter pbbhhhbbhbhbt."

Do we really need another product flamewar? No. No, we don`t.

Tort

(moderator)

TigerMike
01-23-2007, 05:18 PM
How many Pebble Beach winners use Zaino anyway?

How many PB winners give a crap about durability and real world protection for their garage and trailer queens that NEVER see a rain shower, harsh UV rays (for any extended period) or dust storm? Was Zaino invented for their use anyway? Your argument is without sense or merit.

PB winners are not the measuring stick I use to judge what are "good" products to use or not. And, I agree with Tort that this thread seems nothing more than trying to ruffle feathers between product users. You know what, use what you like and don`t bother what everyone else uses, and you`ll be much better off.

And, for the record, I am neither a current Meguiar`s or Zaino user, although I have used both extensively in the past.