PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Magazine?

Pages : [1] 2

shadybreal
01-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know of a magazine dedicated to detailing? I know some of the car wash magazines have detailing sections, but I would like a magazine devoted to only detailing. Thanks!

BobD
01-23-2007, 11:15 AM
I subscribe to Detailer`s Digest. Mobile Tech News...A Bi-Monthly Publication Serving The Shop On Wheels & Home Of The Mobile Tech Expo 2007 (http://www.mobile-technews.com/detailersdigest.html) Not the best thing I have ever read but it really is all we got.

ZaneO
01-23-2007, 11:20 AM
I wonder how much demand there would be for a quality magazine that discusses products, techniques, featured detailers/shops, Q & A, etc.?

shadybreal
01-23-2007, 11:20 AM
I subscribe to Detailer`s Digest. Mobile Tech News...A Bi-Monthly Publication Serving The Shop On Wheels & Home Of The Mobile Tech Expo 2007 (http://www.mobile-technews.com/detailersdigest.html) Not the best thing I have ever read but it really is all we got.

Thanks! I`m try to subsribe this week.

BobD
01-23-2007, 11:23 AM
I wonder how much demand there would be for a quality magazine that discusses products, techniques, featured detailers/shops, Q & A, etc.?

You could probably do pretty well with it. It would be a huge process getting the magazine off the ground and all but it could be done.

3Dog
01-23-2007, 02:31 PM
I guess I have a subscription to Griots detailing magazine.....its bi-monthly.

:chuckle:

3Dog
01-23-2007, 02:34 PM

Just checked out that site and the subscription page.....Microsoft popped up a :Suspicious"warning..said it was probably a phishing website.

BobD
01-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Just checked out that site and the subscription page.....Microsoft popped up a :Suspicious"warning..said it was probably a phishing website.

I got my subscriptions through them. No troubles.

Scottwax
01-23-2007, 02:37 PM
I consider Autopia my detailing magazine. I have learned 100x more here about detailing than anywhere else.

BobD
01-23-2007, 02:41 PM
I consider Autopia my detailing magazine. I have learned 100x more here about detailing than anywhere else.

Amen to that Scottwax! About the only thing most of the magazines have been good for has been bathroom reading material to be 100% honest.

imported_DieselMDX
01-23-2007, 02:43 PM
i would buy a mag on detailing, some big wig should consider it. We are all passionate in what we do, if we spend thousands of dollars on products we deff would buy a 5 dollar magazine

sspeer
01-23-2007, 02:46 PM
I think it be be nice to see a monthly section or column in a car magazine aimed at the enthusiast. with reviews and how-tos.

But I do get everything I need (and more) from here.

BlueZero
01-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Amen to that Scottwax! About the only thing most of the magazines have been good for has been bathroom reading material to be 100% honest.

Ya, there`s just something not right about sitting in the bathroom with the laptop. :grinno:

BobD
01-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Ya, there`s just something not right about sitting in the bathroom with the laptop. :grinno:

I`m sure that will be the norm one day though. LOL

I actually contacted a guy I know that started two magazines from scratch. I asked him if he was interested in publishing a detailing magazine for me and he said it was a huge pita and he doesn`t want to do it again. And his start up cost was over a million so you would need some good investors.

GlossyTundra
01-23-2007, 03:59 PM

It`s uncomforatable also, I dont know how I know that.:bolt