PDA

View Full Version : Edge 2000 users, if you could buy only 3 pads...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

coupe
01-23-2007, 10:19 AM
what ones would they be?

imported_agentf1
01-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Green Blue and white 6.5" pads. These are the ones I use most. My blue and green are wave pads and my white is a flat pad. Jury is still out on which I like best, I am usually a flat pad guy but have been liking the wave pads. I also have a green/blue combo 6.5 wool pad which I like a lot.

coupe
01-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I didnt know they made a 6.5" pad. Im not really interested with the wave pads they have.

Way2SSlow
01-23-2007, 10:34 AM
I agree with the z06meiseter. Those are the three that I use the most. I only have them for my Makita (and I have the larger size) at this time, but I will hopefully be able to make the change for my PC as well soon. I would say my most used Edge pad is the green.

imported_agentf1
01-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes, both 6.5 and 8" and they both come wave (waffle) and flat. I prefer smaller pads on both my rotary and ROB.

coupe
01-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I agree with the z06meiseter. Those are the three that I use the most. I only have them for my Makita (and I have the larger size) at this time, but I will hopefully be able to make the change for my PC as well soon. I would say my most used Edge pad is the green.

It seems like the white would really only be useful for applying wax/sealant and pure polishes. I apply all those by hand so i dont think i would need the white.

Edit: Since i only use my PC for correction what ones would you recomend? Im thinking GREEN, ORANGE and BLUE. Would that suffice for what i do with my PC?

wannafbody
01-23-2007, 11:22 AM
the green pad seems to be a nice light cut/polishing pad-similar to an orange pad but softer. I`d suggest a yellow cutting pad/green polishing pad and finishing pad.

coupe
01-23-2007, 11:32 AM
the green pad seems to be a nice light cut/polishing pad-similar to an orange pad but softer. I`d suggest a yellow cutting pad/green polishing pad and finishing pad.

Thats confuseing as hell :lol

They say the GREEN pad is a medium cut cutting pad.

They say the ORANGE pad is a light cut cutting pad.

They say the BLUE pad is a finishing pad.

They dont list any of their pads as a "polishing pad".

Its like this:

YELLOW= HEAVY cutting pad

GREEN= MEDIUM cutting pad

ORANGE= LIGHT cutting pad

BLUE= FINISHING pad

WHITE= ULTRA FINE polishing pad (this one *seems* to be meant for pure waxes/sealants and pure polishes, which i do not need).

Out of those 5, what 3 would be a must have?

coupe
01-23-2007, 12:47 PM
bump

i know there is alot of edge 2000 users here

rockz9
01-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Well ive been using the edge system since x-mas and love it. if i had to only buy three it would be green ,orange ,and blue. They are the ones i use most, i didnt buy a white one because i use the blue to apply LSP. The yellow one i havent used yet but iam sure i will need it sometime soon.Also does anyone know when the 4 ` edge pads will be available?

coupe
01-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Green, orange and blue was what i was thinkin also.

new questions:

Is the edge orange equivalant to the sonus DAS orange?

What is equivalent to the sonus DAS green polishing pad in the edge line up?

wannafbody
01-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Thats confuseing as hell :lol

They say the GREEN pad is a medium cut cutting pad.

They say the ORANGE pad is a light cut cutting pad.

They say the BLUE pad is a finishing pad.

They dont list any of their pads as a "polishing pad".

Its like this:

YELLOW= HEAVY cutting pad

GREEN= MEDIUM cutting pad

ORANGE= LIGHT cutting pad

BLUE= FINISHING pad

WHITE= ULTRA FINE polishing pad (this one *seems* to be meant for pure waxes/sealants and pure polishes, which i do not need).

Out of those 5, what 3 would be a must have?

You`re right -it is confusing. I`ve got the 8 inch velcro pads and they list the green as lightcut/polishing and yellow as medium cut. maybe the smaller pad size makes it seem more aggressive.

Mikeyc
01-23-2007, 02:02 PM
bump

i know there is alot of edge 2000 users here

How come you are limiting yourself to only 3 pads? 3 pads plus an adapter will run you about $80. For another $10 you could get the Edge 6" kit from Autogeek with all 5 pad colors, an adapter, an MF towel, XMT pad cleaner, and XMT pad conditioner.

coupe
01-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Well, thats simple.

I dont want to buy 5 pads and then end up useing only 3 of them or 2 of them and the others just "collect dust "so to speak. I highly doubt i will need all 5 pads.

I could use that money and buy other products that will get used often.

The AG kit is actually $99. I dont need the pad cleaner, i dont need anymore MF`s and i dont need the pad conditioner and i also dont need the yellow pad or the white pad unless someone can tell me why it would be a good idea to have those 2 pads.

I could spend $100 on the whole kit and only use half of it OR i can buy only the pads that i would use the most for $70. With the extra $30 i saved i can buy more clay, dressings, sealant, wax etc.

Mikeyc
01-23-2007, 02:23 PM
The AG kit is actually $99.

Not if you use the 10% off coupon code. Then, it`s $90. ;)

I could spend $100 on the whole kit and only use half of it OR i can buy only the pads that i would use the most for $70. With the extra $30 i saved i can buy more clay, dressings, sealant, wax etc.

I only suggest it because I have this kit and am really happy that I bought it. The MF I traded away and I haven`t had a need for the yellow pad yet, but I`ve used all the 4 other pads in the kit and I was glad I had them. Plus, the pad cleaner is fantastic. The pad conditioner is definitely a product that could be replaced with water or QD with little loss in effectiveness, but since I have it I use it.

In my case the only thing that has gathered dust so far is the yellow pad. Some day though I may need it for a car that`s in rough shape and then I`ll have it. Always follow the Boy Scout motto . . . "be prepared!"