PDA

View Full Version : Question for BF Gloss Enhancing Polish (GEP) Users.

Perm
01-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I have used BF GEP followed by BF wet diamond sealant and I think this combination is knock out for looks. Gives a very glossy / wet look which I love.

As I will be getting a PC, I was planning on doing the following combination / process :

1) Wash

2) Clay

3) Polish with BF SRC polish

4) Followed by BF GEP

5) Followed by BF wet diamond sealant

6) Optional Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax

Is GEP step needed if I am using BF SRC polish followed by BF wet diamond sealant ?

Would there be any advantage in using Klasse AIO to chemically clean the paint following polishing or does BF GEP do this chemical cleaning step?

Thanks

Perm

SuperBuick
01-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Blackfire GEP is essentially a glaze. It doesn`t have any real "polishing" or cleaning abilities. However, using a chemical cleaner after using the Blackfire SRC is not necessary. Your best bet is to do a 50/50 alcohol/water wipedown and then apply the GEP.

The process you have listed is the order in which it should be done. The GEP step is "optional", but if you already have the GEP, you should see some additional depth and wetness from using it just as you would with any glaze type product. the fact that it is formulated to work specifically with the Blackfire system is just a nice benefit.

3Dog
01-22-2007, 11:08 AM
BF GEP does have cleaners in it. Depending on your paint you may be able to skip SRC. Test an area to see.

This post shows BF GEP, Sealant and Paste.

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/83599-waxes-next-hot-wax-wet-diamond-ivory-carnauba-paste-wax-3.html

Perm
01-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Many thanks for the input… my car is MINI which has a hard clearcoat which has some swirls in it hence BF SRC using a PC will be needed, as unless I am mistaken GEP does not have any polishing action.

So to summarise is this correct…..

Day 1 (which I may split into 2 days for time reasons)

1) Wash

2) Clay

4) 50/50 alcohol/water wipedown ( OPTIONAL)

5) BF GEP (OPTIONAL)

5) BF wet diamond sealant layer 1 (wait 8 hours)

Day 2

6) BF wet diamond sealant layer 2 (wait 8 hours)

Day 3

7) Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax

Is there anyway of reducing the wait times between layers ?

Thanks

Perm

Cleaning Fool
01-22-2007, 12:32 PM
SuperBuick gave you good advice. CMA recommends the cure times between layers, so not sure how you can get around that

DM101
01-22-2007, 12:35 PM
I would use

Clay

MEN-PO106FF

Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax

If the car is not scratched all up. Wait 24 Between WDAFPP.

Then 2 coats WDICPW with 24 hours between.

JMHO....

docker
01-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Many thanks for the input… my car is MINI which has a hard clearcoat which has some swirls in it hence BF SRC using a PC will be needed, as unless I am mistaken GEP does not have any polishing action.

So to summarise is this correct…..

Day 1 (which I may split into 2 days for time reasons)

1) Wash

2) Clay

4) 50/50 alcohol/water wipedown ( OPTIONAL)

5) BF GEP (OPTIONAL)

5) BF wet diamond sealant layer 1 (wait 8 hours)

Day 2

6) BF wet diamond sealant layer 2 (wait 8 hours)

Day 3

7) Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax

Is there anyway of reducing the wait times between layers ?

Thanks

Perm

Yeah, so say you let Day 1 activities sit overnight, then start Day 2 activity early morning-ish, you should be able to apply the wax by late afternoon/early evening. That way you are done at the end of Day 2. Savings=1 day! ;)

imported_DieselMDX
01-22-2007, 12:46 PM
how do u like blackfire polishes?

have used any other polishes?

SuperBuick
01-22-2007, 04:12 PM
The blackfire polishes (with the exception of GEP) are basically menzerna polishes with additional lubricating oils added in for longer working time. I`ve not used them, but if they are like menzerna, you should see fantastic results.

Perm - I don`t view the 50/50 alcohol wipedown as optional, sorry if I wasn`t completely clear about that in my first post. After polishing, when your 50/50 wipedown is done, you`ll have as "pure" a surface as ever for applying your GEP and sealant. Your paint will literally be "squeaky clean". While the GEP is indeed optional, there`s really no reason NOT do apply it, as now (now being after the car is polished and wiped with the 50/50 solution) is really the best time for it to do what it does best - add gloss and wetness.

From there on out you can continue to add layers of Carnauba over your sealant base, extending its life and rejuvenating the warm carnauba shine at each interval. Its a great plan - make sure you post pics for us.

Here`s a picture showing a very similar process (Menzerna Polishes, Blackfire GEP, Blackfire Sealant, Topped by 3x Souveran), and I think it looks fabulously wet. (of course I also think the guy who did it - me - is handsome, smart, funny, athletic, etc, so I could be imagining things...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/superbuick/DSCN0967.jpg

Cleaning Fool
01-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Ive used Blackfires SRC polish a couple times and its a great finishing polish. (Just ran out of Intensive polish and Finish polish2). It really shows its worthyness on darks. I did my sister in laws black Explorer with SRC and Z5/Z2 Pro COMBO and she had 3 people ask her the next day what she had on her car.. Normally I mist my pads with water at each section, not necessary with SRC, as it has the lubes built in already. Reason I say that is when I misted my pads with SRC it did get messy. If you follow that Blackfire process, you should see killer results

3Dog
01-22-2007, 06:11 PM
If you are going to use the GEP IMO you dont need to do a ISO wipedown. I would also go one coat of sealant and then two of wax.

Perm
01-23-2007, 03:45 AM
Many thanks for all the input.... very very informative.

I go down the route of :

1) wash

2) clay

3) Polish with SRC

4) 50/50 wipedown (just in case and it will not take long to do)

5) GEP

6) BF WD sealant layer 1

7) BF WD sealant layer 2

8) Possible Chemical guys 50/50 as I have this already and can not justify another high end wax.

Cheers

Perm

imported_DieselMDX
01-23-2007, 11:03 AM
let us know how ya mike out with blackfires polishes

I just purchased both the src/gep and look forward usng it

I would imagine I would need less product then i normally use with optimum