PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailers over Klasse SG

dano18
01-22-2007, 01:06 AM
I`m new to the detailing scene, and I`ve got a few questions about what I can and can`t do with my Klasse products:

Will a non-acrylic based QD`er (like AquaWax, ONR as QD, QuickShine, FK-425, etc.) used over SG prohibit another application of SG? If so, I`m also wondering about using a rinseless wash like 4-1 or ONR between applications of SG, as I`ve read these leave behind some protection.

Thanks!

shortspark
01-22-2007, 07:44 AM
I don`t use anything between coats of SG. I do my AIO then right away a coat of SG. I wait over night and put another coat of SG. One more night, then a final coat. The truck stays in the garage during this period. It can be driven but you have to wash it again before you put another coat as SG is a sealant. Why would you want to use a QD between coats anyway? Is it because you must drive your car between coats? If so, I see no problem with washing it with whatever method you choose be it a shampoo or rinseless; however, I think I would stay away from dedicated QDs until the final coat of SG has cured.

Accumulator
01-22-2007, 01:15 PM
dano18- Welcome to Autopia!

If you`re just using the QD after a wash for a little added something, then washing again before adding more KSG, you`ll be fine. Otherwise, what shortspark said.