PDA

View Full Version : Polish W/Carnuba Q

Pages : [1] 2

Mikeyzr
04-25-2005, 11:36 PM
So there I was, wheeln` with the DeWalt, detailing my truck (again) tonight.

Wash
(clayed recently)
SSR`s
Polish W/Carnuba
EX
Carnuba

Is there any bonding issues with the EX if there is already some carnuba put down from the polish? Do the SSR line already do some of the job that the Polish is doing, so is this step necessary? I know in some cases, the polish contains no fillers so can I just skip to the EX?

I know some of this is specific to Poorboys, but substitute to your favorite product if you must. I`ll be pondering this in the mean time! Thanks for the insight. :jump

Mike

John Styrnol
04-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Personally I would skip the PWC and Carnauba.

Poorboy
04-26-2005, 06:48 AM
it can add more gloss to the finish...it`s a matter of personal choice in looks and there won`t be any bonding issues:hippi

Beemerboy
04-26-2005, 10:12 AM
After SSR I always use P-w-C and stop there, but then my cars are garage queens

bigdog
05-16-2005, 07:55 PM
its not the best in the world.

Beemerboy
05-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Your right there are plenty of other products that are better and the costs is up there as well. I`ve yet to find a product like P-w-C that works better for the money

audiboy
05-16-2005, 07:58 PM
After the SSR`s, I use the PWC, and then top with EX-P. After a day or two I add a couple of coats of Natty`s. I haven`t had any problems yet and I`m always pleased with the finished product.

shotime
05-16-2005, 08:04 PM
I one stepped a HEAVILY oxidized 99 F-150 the other day with PwC. This thing never saw wax in it`s life. He was one of those 5 year sealant buyers and looked like it only went through the brush wash on the few occasions it was actually washed. I tried PwC side by side on a panel with AIO and PwC worked better. I used a PC/polishing pad and it came out great. All oxidation was gone and any swirls that were left, SSR2 could have taken out. It did have a ton of scratches and it really needed a heavy compound, but considering it was one step, PwC performed great.

GregCavi
05-16-2005, 08:41 PM
k here is a dumb question. Carxxxx?

Greg

Mikeyzr
05-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Ok, what the heck is going on? First off, I was wondering why greg revied this post. But I know, for a fact, I did not write Car Wxxxx??? I wrote Carxxxx (in case something weird happens that is car nu ba) Is this a moderator doing this or a glitch in the system? Fuzz, what`s the dilly yo!?

Weird!! :confused: :huh

Mike

Mikeyzr
05-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Ahh hah! It`s a glitch in the system. Go ahead, I know you`re going to try this. Write this... Car Nu Ba all as one lower case. It will look like this... carxxxx. This is so odd!

Mike

GregCavi
05-16-2005, 09:07 PM
So to reiterate when you typed carnauba it came up as carxxxx?

Greg

groebuck
05-17-2005, 09:22 AM
xxxx xxxx xxxx - let`s see what happens :)

to the question - I have yet to find a product as good as PwC - versatile (machine applied it can clean, do some minor swirl mark removal - hand applied it acts more like a glaze) -

Beemerboy
05-17-2005, 09:39 AM
I post at another site that if you type in "school" it comes out like "******" looks to me that this is about the same thing.

Focusedonsound
05-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Looks to me that they have determined that c a r n u b a is a bad word! lol

hmm why would you want to sensor that word on a forum that a good percentage of our talk revolves around it!

intersting :LOLOL