PDA

View Full Version : has any one tried Optimums new Glaze

Pages : [1] 2

Mr.Magic
01-21-2007, 11:19 AM
I just put in an order for this stuff but I was wondering if any one has used it and if so what do you think of it?

trhland
01-21-2007, 11:35 AM
new glaze??? didnt know they had anything new out

Anthony O.
01-21-2007, 11:42 AM
There is no new glaze.....are you sure this is Optimum?

I speak with David just about everyday so I know for a fact there is no new glaze, perhaps you have this confused with another product?

Anthony

Mr.Magic
01-21-2007, 11:46 AM
MY BAD I wrote befor having coffee this morning. Its not a glaze but the Poly-Seal one step.

imported_NHBFAN
01-21-2007, 11:52 AM
MY BAD I wrote befor having coffee this morning. Its not a glaze but the Poly-Seal one step.

You won`t be dissappointed with OPS. I think of it as my "VM" for sealants. Very easy to use and leaves a nice surface.

Anthony O.
01-21-2007, 11:53 AM
OK...the PS has been out for some time and talked about alot here and on other forums. Just do a search for PoliSeal and you`ll get a good days of reading.

Anthony

Juztang
01-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I love using the Poli Seal. It saves me a lot of time. It basically just melts into the paint and leaves the finish very slick feeling.

Are you applying it by hand or with a pc?

Mr.Magic
01-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Thanks Anthony I will do the search. and To you Juztang I will be using PC.

Juztang
01-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Ok, you can use a variety of pads with the Poli Seal. If I`m dealing with light swirls, I use the orange LC pad. Most of the time I just use a white polishing pad or a finishing pad. Like I said, it will basically just melt right into the paint. You don`t have to use that much either, a little bit will go a long way.

thesacrifice
01-21-2007, 01:31 PM
When people tell you it melts right into the paint, they are being literal.

I had PS before a lot of the reviews came out. I expected it to have some decent cut...slightly less than OP, and I kept the product THICK on the pad because I couldn`t get any working time out of it. Unfortunately that turned into an oversaturation of the product and some areas got too thick and gummed up. Those gummy areas were VERY difficult to get off, had to do a spot treatment of AIO. Just remember thin thin thin.

GlossyTundra
01-21-2007, 01:40 PM
so what is the cut compared to? FPII? Less than OP?

Anthony O.
01-21-2007, 01:56 PM
You can measure the cut of PS to be about half of OCP, yet slightly more correction than FPII.

I use FPII only on black cars now...well for those people paying $300 for an exterior only detail. PS is used on all other colors and I usually apply it via Cyclo/white pads.

Anthony

norcalg
01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Anthony, any reasons for not using OPS on the black cars you work on? I`m planning to puchase a black car and use my poliseal on it.

Scottwax
01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Definitely my favorite new product of the last 6 months or so. Like the others say, it will do minor correction (although not a substitute for poor prep), seems to disappear into the paint, leaves a very deep, wet finish and has around 3, maybe 4 months durability.

Way2SSlow
01-22-2007, 08:56 AM
I`m planning to puchase a black car and use my poliseal on it.

You will be very happy. It really darkens the finish. It has a great look. It`s pretty slick too.