PDA

View Full Version : Substitution For Meg`s Body Scrub

onawrxhigh
01-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey everyone,

My father has been using Meg`s clear coat body scrub for years now, And with it not being available for sail anymore he is in need of a substitute product from the Meg`s OTC line or from their Professional line. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please try to keep recomendations to Meguiar`s product only he is very set in his ways.

Andrew

jfelbab
01-20-2007, 09:38 AM
If by hand, Meg`s #80 would be my first choice. If you want to stay OTC maybe ColorX but it is not as effective a polish as Body Scrub was and it is a cleaner/wax. ScratchX is a better polish but it is a killer to use by hand over the whole car.

You didn`t say if he has a PC or not. If he has a PC then ScratchX is pretty good and the Meg`s #83 and 80 are very good.

Dan
01-20-2007, 09:48 AM
I don`t think there are any products that are as strong chemical cleaners in the meguiars lineup as body scrub. You can still find medallion paint cleaner online and its supposed to be the same or close to body scrub. IMO 80 and 83 are more on the polish side than cleaner. ColorX is great but has a wax/sealant in it that may not be what you want. I have an almost full bottle of Body Scrub left, PM me if you are interested.

DM101
01-20-2007, 10:02 AM
see if you can find the Medallion Paint Cleaner. Check ebay

eBay - medallion paint cleaner items on eBay.com (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=medallion+paint+cleaner)

zoom---zoom

onawrxhigh
01-20-2007, 10:04 AM
My father does have a PC and uses it amost every time he details his truck and my mothers pilot.

DM101
01-20-2007, 10:10 AM
their are 2 diffent auctions 0n ebay right now for medallion BUY one NOW

tom weed
01-20-2007, 12:14 PM
IMO, The Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner is by far the strongest paint cleaner Meguiars had to offer, I bought like 4 bottles from the Katrina relief they had and I also have a bottle of body scrub. The MPPP is a chemical paint cleaner the same as body scrub, I have used it to clean stubborn tar on wheels and it worked better than AIO or Body Scrub. It`s a great product if you can get your hands on some...

I also have a bottle of body scrub that`s 3/4 full, PM me if you are interested as I would part with it.

P.S. I think they only paint cleaner now that they offer that`s strictly a chemical cleaner is the Deep Crystal Paint cleaner which isn`t as strong in the consumer line.

Tom

onawrxhigh
01-20-2007, 01:34 PM
I just bought 6 mppc off ebay thanks everyone