PDA

View Full Version : The Right Direction?

AmF_15
01-20-2007, 12:28 AM
First off I would like to say hello as I am new, I been reading post here at autopia for the last 3 months and I have taken the dive to get the PC7424.(already ordered) First question is, I want to know if this is a good start and what to maybe pick up later down the road with some practice. Heres what I bought. BTW thanks autopia for the 10% DISCOUNT at autogeeks.:thx

1.PC7424 with XL pad kit (http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424-accessories.html)

2.Poorboy’s Polish & Protect Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/popoprkit1.html)

3.Duo-Spur (http://www.autogeek.net/spur100.html)

PS. I know some hate PB and some love PB my biggest attraction was the natty`s blue, I own a tarmac black Mitsubishi lancer Evolution 9 and a 06 Indigo Blue Scion tC. I would love to here the good and the ugly about what I bought or should of went with. Thanks

Michael-

AmF_15
01-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I would love some feedback about the products I bought vs` my cars.

Thanks

Michael-

imported_paradigm
01-20-2007, 05:22 PM
i like PB polishes...the SSR1 and SSR2.5 were the first ones i ever used. the biggest drawback to them is the dusting that i had...but that is not a big deal to some. great results with them regardless of the dust.

i have not used natty`s so i can`t comment on that one...but i know it is very popular here.

you`re off to a great start!

Juztang
01-20-2007, 05:28 PM
I agree with paradigm, the Poorboys polishes work well but they do dust. In the past I used them a ton but now it is all Optimum. You will be very happy with the Natty`s. One of my favorite paste waxes.

thesacrifice
01-20-2007, 05:36 PM
I second the Optimum Polishes...they don`t dust.....dusting is a pita

AmF_15
01-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Great feedback, whats the best way to take the "dusting off"? Washing it again? or will just a quick rinse be fine?. Thanks

Michael

Juztang
01-20-2007, 05:42 PM
I would just use the Spray & Wipe that came with the kit to remove the dust. Just spray it on and wipe off with a microfiber.

AmF_15
01-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Aww perfect! :2thumbs:

Bigpoppa3346
01-20-2007, 06:30 PM
For a noob I would recommend Optimum. They work very long, meaning you can remove more defects, don`t dust at all, and are pretty cheap. Believe me, once you get into this detailing thing more, you will realize that Optimum is top notch once you get to try more products out there.

Junebug
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM
The first thing is - there are a hundred or more choices and you will always have that little voice telling you,"shoulda tried so & so polish, wax etc" I wish every company would make sampler kit, just enough for 1-2 applications and then you wouldn`t have to spend money out the wa-zoo to try stuff. I`ve got stuff that I wish I could sell for half what I gave for it, cause I know it will just gather dust. But. that`s life, the one thing to remember is only buy what you need at the moment, it ain`t a deal to get a package and half goes to the back of the shelf - never to be seen again. I`m going to have a little detailing sale soon, and I`m thinking hard about putting together a basic list for the guy or gal just getting into this crazy stuff. And yeah, half the experts here will tell you that this or that is better and yada yada, but at least it will be a start. Honestly, there aren`t many bad products, just some that are not quite as good as others.