PDA

View Full Version : UPP usage questions

CoryB
01-19-2007, 10:46 PM
I`ve searched but didn`t find anything - maybe I used the wrong search terms :confused:

I`m coming from a Zaino world so I`m trying to make sense of the UPP directions and get a handle on the proper application and product usage.

Anyway, I put a coat of UPP on my Sunlight Silver 2007 MX-5 today. Temperature was ~53 degrees when I started, probably 50-ish when I finished. Tonight it will be in the upper 20s to low 30s. Will it still cure in 24 hours?

The UPP bottle says "Additional layers can be applied after 24 hours." Does that mean that after the first layer cures, I can do multiple additional layers or do I have to wait 24 hours between each layer? Is there any advantage to multiple layers after the first two?

With the Zaino, I`d use Z6 between layers of Z2 or Z5 with no waiting but I know the UPP doesn`t have any accelerator to make it cure faster. Can I use the Gloss Enhancer right away or do I need to wait the 24 hours before doing that?

EDIT: Oh yeah, can I put it on the plastic headlights, taillights and side markers?

Thanks for any help you can offer!